Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Car Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, chances are you’re in need of a Clearwater auto accident lawyer. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., we make it our mission to give you and your family the justice deserved. We will fight your case from start to finish to reach the best outcome possible.
Clearwater insurance firms will do anything to pay you as little as possible. They are a business and don’t want to lose money. For this reason, you can be sure they will have legal representation on their end as well.
To win your Clearwater case against these big companies, you need to know what to do after a car accident. Your first priority should be to remove yourself out of harm’s way. Seek the medical attention you need. Then your next step should be to give one of our Clearwater auto accident lawyers a call.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Clearwater accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Car accident injuries are more common than liked in a Clearwater auto crash. Victims of a car wreck can experience anything from whiplash injury to PTSD. There are many physical, mental, or emotional damages that a person may suffer. These injuries result in lost wages, high medical costs, among other unplanned for dilemmas.
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. This means that your Clearwater insurance is responsible for covering medical bills. However, they will do what they can to minimize the amount compensated to you. This is why you need an attorney who by your side.
Distracted drivers, traffic accidents, or driving under the influence are leading causes of road accidents. No matter how cautious you drive, you might still be involved in a serious car accident. When this happens, it’s important to know how to act and who to call.
There are several causes related to a crash of cars in the Clearwater area. Dennis & Hernandez can help with any of the following incidents:
- Head on collisions
- Hit and runs
- Injured drivers and passengers
- Driving while tired/fatigues
- Reckless driving/road rage
- Defective car parts
Sometimes poorly maintained vehicles and roads are the cause of a deadly Clearwater car crash. Whatever your case, get in touch with a Clearwater auto accident attorney today.
The process of filing a claim and determining damages can be confusing and overwhelming. Our team of professionals can walk you through car accident reports and represent your case in court. As leading car accident lawyers in the Clearwater area, we want to win just as much as you do!
We look at both economic and non-economic compensation to cover damages. This can include the following:
- Damage to vehicle
- Medical and hospital bills due to injury
- Lost wages due to injury
- Physical, emotional, or mental pain
Our team of Clearwater car accident attorneys looks forward to helping you recover these damages. We will fight to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney
Facing your Clearwater insurance company alone can be complex, confusing, and stressful. Car accident claims and determining damages is easier with a quality Clearwater attorney. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, you can expect us to protect your rights and reach the best settlement possible.
Consult an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
No matter the size of your case, allow a knowledgeable and experienced Clearwater lawyer to handle your case. Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., offers free consultations to review your Clearwater accident cars case. We’ll work with you to determine your best options.
Remember that we work on a no win, no fee basis. You can expect us to make good use of both our time and yours.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.