Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Wrongful Death Lawyer in Bartow, FL
Losing a close friend or relative is one of the hardest struggles anyone can face, but it’s even worse when you know that this tragedy could have been prevented. Proving that you have a wrongful death case can be difficult, making an already stressful situation even worse.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates makes the process of filing a wrongful death claim in Bartow, Florida, as simple and stress-free as possible. We understand you’re going through a lot, and in order to prove negligence in a Bartow court of law, you need to have solid evidence. Our legal team works tirelessly to bring forward the best outcome possible, and consequently, justice for your loved one.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Bartow accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
What is a Wrongful Death Claim?
This claim states that an individual has passed away as a result of someone else’s negligence. This is a serious accusation and needs to be backed up with some solid proof. The statute of limitations in Bartow is two years from the date of death.
When Do I Need a Wrongful Death Lawyer?
If you’re filing a wrongful death claim, chances are you need a Bartow wrongful death attorney. If you have reason to believe the incident was caused by someone else, you need to prove this in court. Not only will this help to prevent what happened to your loved one from happening to anyone else, but you’ll also be compensated monetarily for your loss. To do this, you’ll need to gather proof of all damages, medical expenses, and lost income.
Not only is proving negligence complex, but if you’ve filed a claim you can be sure the other party has legal representation backing them up. Therefore, you need to consider experienced Bartow wrongful death lawyers.
How Much Does it Cost?
The cost for such cases varies depending on the wrongful death damages caused and severity of the case. Dennis Hernandez & Associates Bartow lawyers work on a contingency fee basis – this means that if you don’t win, neither do we. If we do win your case, you can expect our fees to be somewhere between 33% to 40% of wrongful death settlements.
Even if you do not wish to pursue court action, our legal team can still help you reach a settlement agreement with the negligent party. Get in touch with our wrongful death attorneys in Bartow today to receive a free consultation and review of your case.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
These situations can be a result of carelessness on behalf of an individual or corporation. In Bartow, common types of situations that include loss of life include:
- Defective products
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Car or truck accidents
How Do I Choose a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Bartow?
A wrongful death lawsuit can give you compensation for several types of damages, including funeral costs, mental suffering, loss of income, medical expenses, etc. For this reason, it’s important you choose a trusted Bartow wrongful death law attorney.
Be sure to consider experience, success rate, and legal credentials. Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Bartow has the legal experience needed and will handle your case with respect and compassion. Give us a call today.
Consult an Experienced Wrongful Death Attorney in Bartow
If your loved one has passed away due to someone else’s carelessness, you can file a wrongful death claim. We understand the difficult process that you’re going through, and our Bartow attorneys are fully committed to representing your case.
If you’re interested in filing a claim or would like a review of your case, get in touch with our Bartow lawyers today. We can bring you the compensation you deserve!
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Bartow personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.