Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Bartow, FL
Motorcyclists have the same right to the roads as car and truck drivers. Despite this, motorcycle wrecks are alarmingly common. What’s worse is that they pose serious risks for the health and safety of bikers.
A motorcycle crash on the roads of Bartow can leave injured parties with hefty hospital bills. These, plus time off work, can lead to a spiral into debts after an accident. When you’re hurt by another driver and need financial compensation, our attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Bartow, FL, are here to help.
We’ll assist with filing insurance claims and seeking damages. These will help pay for medical bills, loss of income, and the emotional suffering you face after a crash.
Bartow residents are in good hands with our team of lawyers. We have years of experience representing victims of motorcycle accidents across Florida.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Bartow accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Bartow Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle injuries are some of the most serious types of motor wrecks. Injuries can be extensive. Broken limbs, concussions, and internal trauma are commonly sustained as riders don’t have the same protection as car drivers.
Hospital stays, physical therapy and medications wrack up overwhelming fees. That is why you should hire an accident attorney to pursue the financial compensation you’re legally owed.
Even if you had a motorcycle accident last night and feel no pain today, it’s important to seek a medical assessment. You could have sustained delayed or hidden damage. If you’re unsure of what steps to take, contact Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Bartow and we’ll perform an initial assessment of your case for free.
Unfortunately, many motorcycle crashes are caused by careless errors and reckless behavior from car drivers in Bartow. Even on open, empty roads, there’s a dangerous risk of collision with a motorcycle. Some causes of crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Hit and run accidents
- Failure to follow traffic rules or signs in Bartow
- Failure to check for traffic prior to merging or U-turning
In general, motorcycles are small and uncommon on Bartow roads, meaning drivers often overlook them and fail to properly share the road with motorcyclists.
Each case we handle in Bartow is unique. Depending on the severity of your crash, you’re entitled to certain monetary damages, paid out by an insurance company. The specific amount may be more than you’d think – and more than the settlement the insurance may initially offer you.
Before you hastily accept the settlement offer, it’s always good to consult with a seasoned Bartow accident attorney to ensure you’re not getting undercut.
Even if you just had a motorcycle accident yesterday, we can start collecting information and negotiating with the insurance company to get the full amount of damages you deserve.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Bartow
It’s simple. While you’re dealing with the aftermath of a Bartow motorcycle wreck, we’ll handle the insurance companies for you.
In Bartow, as with the rest of Florida, most motor vehicle and biker accidents are handled the insurance companies of at-fault drivers. That translates to piles of confusing paperwork and leveling with companies that make the claims process tough in order to avoid paying out what you deserve.
Our hard-working and accomplished lawyers here at Dennis Hernandez & Associates will help make the process a little easier. We know how to speak to the language of insurance companies, and we’ll fight for you to get the full amount you’re owed.
Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Dennis Hernandez & Associates’ Bartow office handles all kinds of cases related to motorcycle accidents. Our goal is to provide the people of Bartow with comprehensive, expert legal assistance after a motorcycle or bike crash.
When you’re ready to learn more, contact us immediately to schedule a free, no-obligation assessment of your case. There’s no need to go through the affects of an accident alone.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Bartow personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.