FREE CASE EVALUATION
assistance AVAILABLE - 24 HRS A DAY - 7 DAYS A WEEK!
Harvard Law Graduate | Born & Raised in Tampa
No Fees or Costs Unless WE Win
Truck Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
St. Petersburg has always been and still is one of the most populated cities in Florida. With this comes a high volume of traffic on both highways and residential roads, and unfortunately this increases the risk of crashes and accidents. Many of these instances on the highways may involve semi-truck accidents and tractor trailer accidents, which can often incur a lot of damage to both vehicle and persons.
Injuries of any kind can sustain an inordinate amount of medical bills as well as insurance fees in St. Petersburg. It will also incur property damage to either your vehicle, another vehicle, or other properties involved in the crash.
However, no matter what damage has been sustained, you are not alone. Dennis Hernandez & Associates in St. Petersburg are a legal team that specializes in traffic and truck accident law and will work with you and your loved ones to ensure that you are compensated fairly after your ordeal.
Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
Always be sure to contact your doctor or attend a hospital in St. Petersburg for evaluation immediately after an accident, even if you don’t show any instantaneous symptoms of injury.
Oftentimes with truck accidents in St. Petersburg, negligence of the driver is the reason behind it. Such causes might include:
- Ignoring the road rules or signs within St. Petersburg limits
- “Highway hypnosis” or driving while tired
- Driving under the influence
- Mechanical failures and/or lack of maintenance and upkeep
- Overloaded freights
Trucking Company Responsibilities
- Dash cam footage or CCTV
- Driver logbook information
- Photos and/or videos of the damage and injuries sustained
- Any trucking company records such as their maintenance policies, employment records, etc.
At Dennis Hernandez in St. Petersburg, we look into everything: including property and vehicular damage, medical expenses, any amount of lost income, as well as the pain and trauma as a result from the crash. If there is time between the crash and getting in contact with our St. Petersburg team, we will do our best to look into all evidence as quickly as possible, no matter if you had your truck accident in St. Petersburg yesterday or a month prior.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
Our St. Petersburg legal team will be able to help you navigate the inner workings of the St. Petersburg justice system and its constraints. Many St. Petersburg trucking companies will have representation well versed in traffic law, so it is vital that you have a strong backing as well.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured recently in a truck accident, contact our team in the St. Petersburg area at 813-250-0000 for a complimentary consultation today.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
We will respond as quickly as we can.
Find help anywhere, anytime.