Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sarasota, FL
Getting into an auto accident in Sarasota can be a deeply traumatic event. There is often chaos and a turmoil of emotions in the moments during and after an accident. At the time, it is often difficult to file car accident reports. Accident victims might struggle to recall the steps in the process of what to do after a car accident. In the months following, other unexpected injuries or costs may come up. All this can add to the stress and costs of a car accident in Sarasota.
That’s where we come in. Let the Sarasota auto accident lawyers of Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA alleviate the burden. We will do the hard work for you.
With Sarasota traffic accidents, insurance companies will do everything in their power to diminish their financial payout. No so with our team on your side. With our Sarasota attorneys, you can rest assured that fair and just compensation is coming your way. We will help you deal with car accident injuries and related damages.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Sarasota accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
There are many types of injuries that can result from the car accidents. Almost all of those injuries have some level of compensation available to you through car accident claims.
Florida is a “no-fault” state. This holds insurance companies legally accountable. They must pay for medical bills resulting from road accident injuries. However, our Sarasota team knows how these big name companies handle things. They will try to downplay injuries and pay less money to deserving parties.
This is just one reason it’s important to find a reputable auto accident attorney. A Sarasota lawyer will ensure that you get the compensation you need to get your life back on track. You might have suffered a severe whiplash injury or other physical effect of the crash. You might also suffer from emotional distress and lost wages. For all these damages, our Sarasota team will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
There are many causes of accidents in Sarasota. For one, Florida is filled with partying beach-goers and slow-driving snowbirds alike. At any moment, there is risk of an accident cars are not built to withstand. A few of the most common Sarasota accidents that warrant a claim are:
- Head-on or rear-end collisions
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- T-Bone collisions at intersections
- Fatigued driving
- Road rage
- Hit and runs
- Faulty car parts causing loss of control
- Not following traffic laws or respecting road signs
- Poorly maintained roads
After a car crash in the Sarasota area, you’ll need help. The process of determining potential compensation is best left to a skilled car accident attorney. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we know the ins and outs of the process. Our Sarasota team will seek out the maximum level of compensation that correlates to the damages you suffered.
The damages that you may be facing can include:
- A loss of wages from time off or work
- Emotional distress and physical pain
- Medical bill coverage
- Payment for household services and daily activities you cannot perform due to injury
- Cost of necessary equipment for medical recovery
Our Sarasota team also handles auto crash claims that involve pedestrian, motorcycle, and truck accidents. Whatever the situation, we’ve got you covered.
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney
When it all boils down, car insurance companies are trying to make money. They will pinch pennies at the expense of your health and wellbeing. Our skilled team at Dennis Hernandez in Sarasota knows the tactics of how these companies work. We can navigate the arduous process of getting you fair compensation.
You could attempt to figure it out on your own. However, the outcome will be greater when you allow us to help your case. Our Sarasota attorneys can secure the justice and compensation you deserve.
Consult an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
If you are suffering or large expenses due to an auto accident, call Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA. We have a proven track record of success in Sarasota. Our team is available and excited to fight to get the compensation you deserve. We will work to help you get your life back on track. Call today to schedule a consultation in Sarasota.
Checklist after a Personal Injury accrued
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.