What Roads to Avoid When Driving in Hillsborough County Living in an urban area comes with both its advantages and disadvantages. One of the most obvious disadvantages that comes with living in or around a city is the increase in cars and traffic. With this increase comes an unfortunate increase in motor vehicle accidents. So far, in the year 2016 alone, Hillsborough County has seen nearly 18,000 motor vehicle accidents. If you’re one of the nearly 1.2 million people that call Hillsborough County home, there are a few intersections that you may want to avoid if you do not want to become another statistic. According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, in July 2016, the intersections with the most accidents were:
- Dale Mabry Highway North & Waters Avenue West with 17 accidents.
- Himes Avenue North & Waters Avenue West with 15 accidents.
- Sheldon Road and Hillsborough Avenue West with 15 accidents.
- Waters Avenue West and Sheldon Road with 13 accidents.
- Bruce B Downs Boulevard and Bears Avenue East with 13 accidents.