Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Florida
Were you or a loved one involved in a truck accident in Florida? Injuries and accidents involving trucks and commercial vehicles are some of the most severe and destructive accidents in the state.
The weight and size of Florida commercial vehicles make big rigs like trucks a hazardous threat on the Florida roads. This is especially true if these vehicles are negligently handled or improperly maintained. Large commercial vehicles are often part of multi-vehicle accidents. Liability becomes a huge problem for everyone involved in these cases.
The aftermath of these injuries can require a significant amount of recovery time. This will cause medical bills to pile up, and in some cases can even cause loss of income due to losing the ability to perform job tasks.
Florida truck driving companies and drivers should be held responsible for their negligence. However, proving this and getting them to cover the costs associated with a truck accident can be very stressful and complicated. In court, you’ll want a talented personal injury lawyer. It is crucial to find a truck accident attorney who will fight for you.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Florida accident attorney. Please contact us at (855) 529 3366.
Injuries Caused By Truck Accidents
An accident caused by a tractor-trailer is no joke. Events like these can create dangerous medical repercussions for the victims. People experience both emotional and physical harm. This is where a Florida personal injury attorney can help with your claims.
Personal injury claims can vary, including scrapes, concussions, broken bones and soft tissue injuries. This doesn’t even cover emotional trauma. Even if you do not notice any visible problems right after a truck crash, it is still very important to visit a doctor and monitor your health. Our personal injury law firm will utilize your medical records after the event as evidence for your case.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Florida
Florida truck accidents can sometimes be just that – an accident. However, many crashes in Florida happen because of some form of negligence from the driver. A personal injury attorney will examine any potential negligence, which can include:
- Improper maintenance causing mechanical failures
- Unbalanced freights or an overloaded weight
- Ignoring Florida road signs and rules
- Driving while tired or distracted
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Trucking Company Responsibilities
The negligent Florida party is the side that has the legal responsibility to prevent others from harm. The accident resulted because it failed to accomplish this.
In the state of Florida, however, truck accident law depends on the victim. It is the victim’s responsibility to prove the negligence in court. Our personal injury firm will dive into statements and accident reports. We’ll gather all relevant information, including:
- Dash cam footage
- Driver log books
- Records from the trucking company
Determining Damages of Truck Crashes in Florida
Our Florida-based personal injury team is dedicated to fighting for you until you receive complete compensation for damages. This includes property damage, medical expenses, pain and suffering and loss of income. Our injury claim lawyers will document all current and potential damages and use this to pursue those responsible for the accident.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
Florida accident injury lawyers will focus on the confusing and stressful legal side of the case. This gives you the time and space to heal. You can’t win a case like this on your own and recover at the same time. Our team will work with your evidence to create an argument that places responsibility on the at-fault driver and insurance company.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer in Florida
The personal injury attorney team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates has experience serving the entire state of Florida. We deal with serious injury protection. We have valuable experience working with insurance companies. Our team helps Florida semi-truck incident victims and their loved ones through this painful process. We promise to build a case by gathering evidence that’s reliable.
The best accident lawyer will help you understand the value of your case. We take this a step further and guarantee a win. If not, you don’t pay. Contact us today for a free consultation with our legal team. We work with people throughout the state. Frequently we help clients in the following cities:
- Winter Haven
Contact Dennis Hernandez & Associates to gain compensation for your truck accident in Florida.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use his or hers.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.