Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL
Semi truck accidents in Orlando happen every day. However, there is a lot that can be done to prevent them. Often times, victims and survivors of semi truck accidents in Orlando do not receive the compensation that they deserve. The burden for this should fall on those who caused or failed to prevent the accident.
There can be both mental and physical injuries as a result of an accident. No amount of money can make up for the damages. However, compensation can help to pay for things like hospital bills. It can make moving on from the accident and enjoying Orlando just a little bit easier.
Finding the right local Orlando lawyer is important. It means you can entrust your legal affairs to someone you can trust. Dennis Hernandez & Associates continues to change lives in the Orlando area. We can serve as the personal injury lawyer you deserve.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Orlando accident attorney. Please contact us at (407) 680 0000.
Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
Orlando semi truck accidents are among the most lethal types of accidents. A truck injury lawyer will be able to assist victims. A lawyer will help to determine what compensation their injuries entitle them to.
Among common injuries sustained as a result of a truck crash include:
- Spinal cord or brain injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Sprained muscles
- Bruises as a result of blunt force
These injuries from trucks accidents can require significant hospital time. People with these injuries may accumulate costly medical bills. For that reason, compensation becomes necessary.
Orlando semi trucks are more likely to face an accident than regular cars. These vehicles can lead to a semi truck or tractor trailer accident. These accidents can result from a number of factors. Some common causes are fatigue or distracted driving. New truckers might also lack sufficient training. There is also the possibility of substance use.
All of these factors have something in common. They are all due to the negligence of the driver or Orlando trucking company. If you have been the victim of an accident in Orlando, it is important to find out what the factors were. A lawyer will help you determine what caused the truck driver to hit or run you off the road.
Trucking Company Responsibilities
Orlando truck drivers are responsible to meet certain standards. For example, in Orlando, the trucking company must ensure that all employed drivers qualify in terms of age. They must also meet standards in training, experience, vision, and certifications. All trucking companies must also meet industry standards for tests and qualifications.
When they fail to uphold these standards, they may be liable. This also means you may have a case. Your team of truck accident attorneys will figure out who should be liable for the accident.
The amount the culpable party owes to you depends on a variety of factors. It requires an examination of the facts of the accident. It also will account for the costs you have endured afterwards.
To calculate these costs, your Orlando attorney will add up things like medical expenses and property damage. They may factor in as well what the accident stopped you from being able to do for yourself. This can include lost earnings and any future medical expenses in Orlando medical facilities.
Once you have the value lost as a result of the accident, you can calculate the sum total as a settlement in an Orlando court.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
Dealing with legal affairs while recovering from the accident is overwhelming. That’s why hiring a truck accident lawyer to advocate for you in Orlando court is imperative. It is a great way to invest in your success and in your mental health.
Were you in a serious truck accident yesterday? Or maybe last week or last month? If so, you are entitled to pursue compensation in court. For that, you’ll need to help of a truck accidents attorney. They will represent you and your case properly in court.
In Orlando, many truck accidents occur as a result of traffic on busy streets. An Orlando lawyer will have extensive knowledge of the streets and roads in the area. They can help you to rectify your legal issues without sneaking in hidden costs.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
Local knowledge of the Orlando area is something that Dennis Hernandez & Associates takes pride in. We have combined several decades of experience in the industry. We also have a high record of successful personal injury cases that we have won in the Orlando area. Contact Dennis Hernandez & Associates today for a consultation!
Checklist after a Personal Injury accrued
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Orlando personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.