Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Largo, FL
Largo is no stranger to busy roads and highways. Sadly, the area also experiences trucks accidents. Regardless of the cause, truck crashes can result in serious injuries.
The types of injuries sustained can require long recovery periods. This means those involved in a truck accident could be unable to work for an indefinite amount of time. They’ll also be dealing with expensive Largo medical and legal bills.
When it comes to these costs, Largo truck drivers and their companies can be held responsible due to negligence. Proving they were at fault can be difficult. But with the right representation, you’ll get the justice you and your family deserve.
The Dennis Hernandez & Associates team in Largo is experienced in truck accident law and can assist you in fighting for compensation.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Largo accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
Due to the sheer size of the vehicles involved, tractor trailer accidents in Largo can be very serious. These incidents are traumatic for everyone involved. They cause both emotional and physical pain and even result in fatalities.
Some common injuries one might sustain in an accident, both minor and severe, include:
Soft tissue injuries
Emotional trauma (anxiety, PTSD, etc.)
Even if you are not visibly injured, it is important to see a doctor as soon as you can after a Largo truck crash.
Sometimes accidents just happen. Many Largo truck crashes, however, are often the fault of the driver and their company. They might be found negligence in the event that:
The driver ignored Largo road signs or rules.
The driver was operating the truck while tired, distracted, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
The driver or company allowed the freights to be unbalanced or overloaded.
The driver or company failed to abide by proper truck maintenance, leading to mechanical failures.
Trucking Company Responsibilities
“Negligence” refers to the fact that the party at-fault had the legal duty to ensure safety but failed to do so. In Largo, the victim must prove negligence to get compensation.
Companies and drivers in Largo abide by local, state, and federal laws as well as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). For your semi-truck accident case, you’ll need solid evidence to show that the truck driver or company didn’t fulfill this legal responsibility.
It can be difficult to know exactly what information you’ll need and how to acquire it. A Largo truck accident attorney will help you build your case and fight for justice. Some examples of documents your legal team will acquire include:
Police accident reports
Dash cam footage or black box data
Driver log books
Physical evidence (photos/videos of injuries and accident scene)
Official records from the trucking company (personnel records, maintenance policies, etc.)
Contact a Largo truck injury lawyer as soon as you can after an accident. It’s best to document damages right away. This will help you get compensation for things like property damage, medical expenses, and lost income. Whether you were in a Largo truck accident yesterday or weeks ago, we can help you figure out the best course of action.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
Navigating the legalities after a truck accident in Largo can be overwhelming. This is made even more difficult when you realize you are facing trucking companies with expensive lawyers. You’ll need good Largo representation in order to win your case.
Consult an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer
The truck accidents attorney team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Largo will help you get the compensation you deserve. We have years of experience in everything from dealing with insurance companies to collecting evidence. For a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help you, call us today at (855)-529-3366.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates is dedicated to offering our clients in Largo, Florida the best services and the best outcomes for personal injury claims. We understand the complex nature of these cases. That’s why we will explore every angle to ensure you are being covered in the ways you deserve.
We promise that you will receive high-quality work from our Largo lawyers. We look forward to meeting you and assisting with your damage claims.
If you are interested in a free consultation or more information, please contact our Largo lawyers to talk to our personal injury protection experts. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you on your case.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.