Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Kissimmee, FL
The busy highways and roads of Kissimmee generate rich tourism in the area. Unfortunately, the continuous traffic causes many truck accidents. Many of these accidents in Kissimmee involve tractor-trailers and semis. These large vehicles can cause devastating injuries and even loss of life.
Recovering from injuries can take a lot of time. The period of recovery can cause medical bills to pile up and a loss of income. If the truck crash was not your fault, it’s your right to hold the driver and company accountable. You can receive compensation for their negligence. However, proving fault in a Kissimmee courthouse can be a complex process.
Luckily, there are options for victims and family members who have suffered in a semi truck accident in Kissimmee. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, our attorneys have extensive knowledge of truck accident law. Our Kissimmee lawyers can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Kissimmee accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
A tractor-trailer accident is no joke in Kissimmee or anywhere. These incidents cause major emotional and physical harm. Some common injuries that can come from accidents include:
Soft tissue injuries
After seeking medical help, contact a qualified Kissimmee trucks accidents attorney. An attorney can handle the potentially complex legal case you may have while you recover.
Our truck accident lawyers help those who have suffered or lost someone in a semi truck accident in Kissimmee. Sometimes, no monetary compensation is enough to make up for the loss. However, a truck accident attorney can get you the money you need to cover expenses and bills during this difficult time.
Accidents are sometimes the result of both parties’ negligence. However, with Kissimmee truck crashes, they’re often the result of a distracted driver. Some causes of accidents include:
Unbalanced or overloaded freights
Driving while tired or distracted
Mechanical failures resulting from improper maintenance
Ignoring Kissimmee road signs and rules
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Trucking Company Responsibilities
If a driver in a truck accident is “negligent”, it means they are at fault. This entails they are also legally responsible. They are legally bound to do what they can to prevent harm. Negligence means they failed to do so. In Kissimmee, it’s up to the victim to prove the other party’s fault.
To prove negligence, you’ll have to gather evidence. You’ll need this to prove the Kissimmee driver or the company failed their legal responsibility. This evidence can include:
Police accident reports
Black box data or dash cam footage
Photos or video of damaged vehicles at the scene and injuries
Driver log books
The trucking company’s records
Companies and their drivers in Kissimmee must abide by regulations set up by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. As well as, they must follow federal, state, and Kissimee laws. Acquiring all the information helps you to present a compelling case. Doing so and getting the compensation you deserve requires truck injury lawyers who know Kissimmee.
Determining the extent of a truck accident involves an assessment of many factors, including:
After calling for medical help after a truck crash, call a Kissimmee truck accident lawyer. The sooner you do so, the sooner you can start the documentation process. No matter if you were in a truck accident yesterday or a week ago, our legal team will help you figure out your options.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
Navigating the complex Kissimmee legal system on your own is nearly impossible. Kissimmee companies often can afford expensive legal teams. They know how to protect the company’s best interest in the courtroom. You need to have good representation to help you make your case.
While you focus on recovering, we help you get the compensation you deserve.
Consult an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer
The Dennis Hernandez & Associates team has served the Kissimmee area for years. Our dedicated team knows how to deal with the legal side and aftermath of a truck crash.
If you or your loved one were in a truck accident in Kissimmee, call us today for a free consultation to review your case.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.