Brandon Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents are, unfortunately, common in Florida and throughout the U.S. According to the CDC, one in five falls causes serious injuries, and more than 800,000 people are hospitalized every year in the U.S. for these serious falling injuries. In Florida, falls are the leading cause of injuries for older adults and the second most common cause of fatal injuries in the workplace.
A lot of these injuries and suffering could have been avoided if property owners had maintained their property so that it was safe for guests and visitors. In Florida, property owners and managers have a legal duty to maintain their properties safely and warn customers and guests about known dangers. Many falls happen because owners and managers fail to carry out their duty and don’t take care of slipping and tripping hazards on their properties.
If you’ve been seriously injured in Brandon or anywhere in Florida in a slip and fall accident due to a hazardous condition on someone else’s property, you may have the right to seek justice and pursue a claim against the negligent parties. The knowledgeable, experienced Dennis Hernandez Brandon slip and fall lawyers want to hear what happened to you and help you take action to obtain the full, fair compensation you deserve.
Every Dennis Hernandez Brandon slip and fall lawyer is committed to fighting for the rights of injured people. We believe that negligent parties should be held accountable for unnecessarily putting their customers, visitors, and guests at risk of being seriously hurt. Our goal is to obtain significant, life-changing compensation for our clients.
To find out more about how the Dennis Hernandez Brandon slip and fall accident legal team can help you, call us today at 855-529-3366 or fill in the contact form on this page for a FREE CASE EVALUATION. Our legal services are free until we win your case.
HOW MUCH COMPENSATION WILL I RECEIVE IF I PURSUE A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT CLAIM IN BRANDON?
With the help of an experienced Dennis Hernandez Brandon slip and fall lawyer, you can pursue a claim against the negligent parties and seek substantial compensation for your injuries. The exact amount you receive will depend on the circumstances of your fall, the type and severity of your injuries, your current and ongoing need for medical care, and the extent to which your injuries prevent you from making a living and lower your quality of life.
Your lawyer will gather evidence and consult with experts to build a strong case that demonstrates the full extent of your need for compensation. Expenses and losses for which you may receive compensation include your present and anticipated future:
- Medical costs, such as doctor visits, diagnostic tests, emergency department visits, inpatient hospital stays, surgery, medication, rehabilitation, in-home care, and assistive devices
- Lost income, such as wages lost if you have to take time off of work or cut back your hours because of your injury, or if you have to take a different job that pays less, or if you can’t work at all
- Physical pain and suffering
- Scars, disability, and disfigurement
- Emotional distress, PTSD, anxiety, or depression
- Lower quality of life
- Your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance and assistance
- Other damages that can be recovered under Florida law
Call us or submit the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on this page to talk with an experienced slip and fall lawyer about the compensation you could receive for your injuries.
COMMON SLIP AND FALL HAZARDS IN BRANDON
When property owners and managers fail to take reasonable care to keep their premises safe and free of slipping and tripping hazards, their customers and guests are at risk of falling and being injured. Some of the most common falling hazards created by the negligence of the owners or managers include:
- Liquid on the floor or walkway from spilled items or accumulated rainwater that is not mopped up
- Poor lighting due to bulbs not being replaced, wattage being too low, or not enough light fixtures
- Uneven or cracked pavement that hasn’t been repaired
- Objects left where people can trip over them, including cords running across walkways
- Dangerous staircases with missing or broken handrails or steps
- Lack of warnings about known hazards
- Code violations, where owners have failed to perform their legal duty to comply with building codes and industrial safety standards
An experienced Dennis Hernandez Brandon slip and fall lawyer has the resources and experience to investigate the scene of the accident, gather proof of what happened, and demonstrate the owner’s or manager’s negligence.
COMMON SERIOUS SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT INJURIES
When property owners and managers negligently fail to keep their premises safe, customers and visitors may fall and be severely injured. Common serious fall injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries, which may cause the loss of the ability to move and/or feel your limbs
- Broken bones, which can cause complications and may be fatal, especially for older adults
- Traumatic brain injuries, which may cause temporary or permanent physical and cognitive impairments, which may be fatal
- Severe cuts, caused by falling on broken glass or other sharp objects, which can leave permanent scars and cause muscle and nerve damage
- Severe sprains and strains, which may require surgery and rehabilitation
Our experienced slip and fall lawyers will consult with experts and gather documents to show the full extent of your need for treatment both now and in the future, for as long as your need is expected to last. We will fight for your right to get substantial compensation that will enable you to get the treatment and care you need, as well as compensate you for your lost income and other expenses and losses.
WHAT YOU MUST PROVE TO WIN A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT CLAIM IN BRANDON
If you were seriously injured because of a falling hazard that a property owner or manager negligently failed to take care of, you may be entitled to file a lawsuit or claim against the negligent party. To win your case, you must prove that the owner or manager was, in fact, negligent and that their negligence caused you to fall or was a contributing factor in your falling.
Proving negligence requires extensive legal and technical knowledge and access to resources. It’s a task best handled by an experienced slip and fall lawyer. The Dennis Hernandez Brandon slip and fall legal team has more than twenty-five years of experience helping people like you. We have helped hundreds of Florida families recover the compensation they deserve for their injuries that occurred due to someone else’s negligence.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED BRANDON SLIP AND FALL LAWYER TO GET STARTED ON YOUR CASE
Our experienced slip and fall lawyers have the resources, skill and knowledge to gather the evidence necessary for building a compelling case clearly demonstrating negligence on the property owner’s part and showing your need for compensation. We will negotiate fiercely with the negligent party’s insurance company on your behalf, and always champion and protect your legal rights.
We will never settle for less than the full, fair amount of compensation you deserve and will gladly take the fight to court if the negligent party’s insurance company won’t agree to a fair amount. At Dennis Hernandez, we never give up and never back down!
Call us at 855-529-3366 or fill out the contact form on this page for a FREE CASE EVALUATION. Our expert legal advice and services are FREE until you win and receive compensation.