Brandon Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
When people fall because they slip or trip while walking, they can be seriously injured. Unfortunately, these injuries are common in the U.S. In fact, three million older Americans go to hospital emergency rooms every year for treatment for fall injuries, and more than 800,000 people are hospitalized for serious fall injuries, including broken hips and head injuries.
Many of these injuries happen because property owners neglect to keep their premises safe for visitors and guests. Under Florida law, property owners are responsible for taking reasonable steps to fix hazardous conditions or warn people about known dangers on their properties. If they fail to do so, they can be held liable for their negligence with a premises liability claim.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a slip or trip and fall accident on someone else’s property, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries from the negligent property owner or manager. You could be compensated for your current and expected future medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering and other losses.
The Dennis Hernandez Brandon premises liability slip and fall lawyers have helped hundreds of people throughout Florida get compensation for their accident injuries. Let us help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Brandon?
Slip and fall accidents can happen almost anywhere, indoors or outside: stores, sidewalks, parking lots, hotels, malls, theaters, sports stadiums, at home, or anywhere else that people walk. Sometimes people fall because they are not paying attention or they are ill, but usually, slip or trip and fall accidents happen because a property owner is negligent.
Some common causes of slip or trip and fall accidents in Brandon include:
- Obstacles: People can trip over objects left in the aisles of stores, such as boxes, equipment, or electrical cords.
- Slippery walkways and floors: Water and ice on walkways and liquid spilled on the floor in grocery stores, restaurants, or bars can cause people to slip and fall.
- Poorly maintained walking surfaces: Cracked, chipped, and uneven pavement, walkways, and stairs can cause people to trip and fall.
- Code violations: Property owners are legally responsible for following building codes and industrial safety standards. If they don’t, hazardous conditions can cause slip or trip and fall accidents.
- Poor lighting: When people can’t clearly see where they are walking, they can stumble, trip or slip and fall.
- Poorly maintained handrails and stairs: Loose, broken, or missing handrails and steps are dangerous for walkers.
Who Is Responsible for Injuries from a Slip and Fall Accident in Brandon?
If you slipped or tripped and fell because of a hazardous condition created when a property owner or manager failed to take reasonable steps to keep their premises safe or warn you about a potentially dangerous condition, you can file a premises liability claim to hold the owner or manager legally responsible for your injuries.
To win your claim, you will have to establish the property owner and/or manager was negligent by proving these four elements of negligence:
- The owner or manager had a legal duty to make the premises safe for you, typically because you were a customer, visitor, or invited guest.
- The owner or manager negligently caused the hazardous condition or knew about it or should have known about it, and they failed to fix the hazard or provide adequate warnings for customers and visitors.
- The owner or manager’s negligence was the cause of your falling and getting injured.
- You suffered damages from your injuries, such as medical expenses, lost income, pain and emotional distress.
Fortunately, Florida law protects people injured on others’ property who prove that the property owner had actual or constructive knowledge of a dangerous condition on their property but failed to remedy the problem. In other words, if a dangerous condition (such as water on the floor or cracked pavement) existed for a substantial time, then the property owner should have known about it and addressed the problem. Likewise, if wet, slippery floors occur on a regular basis, then the problem was predictable and should have been remedied.
The experienced Dennis Hernandez slip or trip and fall accident attorneys will review all the details of your case and ensure you have a strong premises liability claim. We will prove the elements of negligence and present a compelling case that proves the owner or manager’s negligence and your need for substantial compensation for the damages you suffered due to their negligence.
Compensation Available for Brandon Slip and Fall Accident Victims
When a negligent property owner or manager is legally responsible for the conditions that caused you to slip or trip and fall, you may be able to recover compensatory damages for:
- Medical expenses: Doctor visits, surgeries, hospital stays, rehabilitation services, assistive equipment and devices, physical and psychological therapy, home health care, travel costs to and from appointments and other necessary treatments.
- Lost wages and benefits: Lost income and diminished earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages: Physical pain and suffering, mental and emotional distress and diminished capacity to enjoy life.
- Other damages recoverable under Florida law: Depending on the specific circumstances of your case, other damages, such as your family’s loss of companionship, services and guidance, could be recovered.
With help from dedicated and experienced Dennis Hernandez Brandon slip and fall accident lawyers, you may be able to recover substantial compensation for your injuries. We will review all the details concerning your injury, necessary medical treatments and other health care needs, pain, suffering and losses to ensure you get the full compensation you deserve.
Contact Experienced Brandon Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
Ensuring you get full and fair compensation for your injuries is our top priority. We will leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of justice. We will
- Gather all the evidence necessary to prove the property owner or manager was negligent and the negligence caused or contributed to your slip or trip and fall injury.
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf with insurance company representatives and lawyers.
- Prepare a strong case that shows your full need for compensation for all the harm the accident caused.
- Guide and support you through the legal process every step of the way.
- Be ready and willing to go to trial and fight for and win a fair award.
- Never back down.
We will stand by you and fight for the compensation you deserve!
Fill in the FREE CASE EVALUATION form on our website today to get started on your case.