Brandon Airline Injury Attorney
Several large airports serve the Brandon, Florida, area. The closest are the Tampa International Airport (TPA) and the St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE), which are both very busy airports. As travel to Brandon and the Tampa Bay area increase, so too do the incidences of airline accident injuries.
While airplane crashes are the most serious airline accidents, they are, fortunately, very rare. They are not, however, the only cause of airline accident injuries. Tripping and falling in the aisles, being hit by heavy objects, being burned by hot spilled liquids, or being tossed around by turbulence can all cause serious or fatal injuries. These injuries are often the fault of negligent airline employees and/or airline companies.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in an in-flight airline accident, Florida law gives you the right to seek financial compensation from the negligent parties whose failures caused or contributed to the accident. The experienced Dennis Hernandez Brandon airline accident attorneys can help you take legal action against the responsible parties and obtain the full, fair compensation you deserve.
How a Brandon Airline Injury Attorney Can Help Accident Victims
If you or a family member has been injured in an airline accident and you try to deal with the negligent party’s insurance company on your own, you probably will not get a fair settlement. Insurance companies are notorious for taking advantage of individuals filing claims and paying as little as possible.
To get a full, fair settlement, you need an experienced and aggressive airline injury attorney on your side. A Dennis Hernandez Brandon attorney will protect your rights and stand up to the insurance company’s attorneys and agents to see that you get the full compensation you deserve. We do this by having a deep commitment to our clients, by refusing to back down, and by building a strong case with evidence that shows the full extent of your need for compensation. We are committed to:
- Investigating the accident and identifying all at-fault parties.
- Consulting with medical experts to determine your current and future needs for medical treatment.
- Determining if you have a loss of earning capacity and, if so, how much that will amount to over your lifetime.
- Identifying your “non-economic” damages, such as pain, suffering and mental anguish.
- Gathering and presenting thorough evidence to support your claim.
- Negotiating aggressively with the insurance company for a fair settlement.
- Going to court, if necessary, to get you a fair and just award.
Types of In-Flight Airline Accidents That Injure Passengers From Brandon, Florida
When airline employees and/or airline companies are careless or don’t follow standard safety procedures, passengers can get seriously hurt. Examples of in-flight airline accidents caused by negligence include:
- Slip/trip and falls. If liquids are spilled in the aisles and not immediately cleaned up, passengers can slip and fall, slamming their heads or bodies into the floor or other hard surfaces. Similarly, if flight attendants don’t keep the aisles free from obstructions, passengers can trip over items left in the aisles and fall.
- Heavy objects falling from overhead bins. People stuff heavy luggage, strollers, boxes full of heavy items, and other large and heavy objects into airline overhead bins. If the bins are too full or are not properly latched, or if the latches fail, the doors to the bins can fly open in the middle of a flight, and the heavy items inside can fall out. Passengers can be hit on the head, shoulders, or elsewhere on their bodies, resulting in serious injuries.
- Burns from liquids. If a flight attendant carelessly spills hot liquid on a passenger, the passenger can be severely burned.
- Injuries from turbulence. Passengers who are standing in the aisles or who don’t have their seatbelts fastened can be seriously injured if the plane encounters heavy turbulence. The pilots, crew, and flight attendants may be legally responsible for the injuries if they knew the plane was heading towards turbulence and they didn’t warn the passengers to sit down and fasten their seatbelts.
Compensation for Airline Injuries in Brandon, Florida
If you were injured because airline employees failed in their duty to take reasonable steps to keep you safe, justice calls for compensation for the damages you have suffered. Under Florida law, you have the right to seek compensation for the many ways your injuries have affected you and your family, including:
- Medical expenses, including treatments, medication, surgery, and assistive devices that you have already needed, as well as those you could be expected to need for the rest of your life.
- Lost income and any loss of earning capacity in the future.
- “Non-economic” damages that diminish your quality of life, including pain, loss of enjoyment, mental and emotional distress, and your family’s loss of your companionship, guidance, and support.
A Dennis Hernandez Brandon airline injury attorney has the resources, experience, and legal knowledge to find and present the evidence that will prove your need for compensation for all the ways that your injuries have affected your life.
Get Help Today From an Experienced Brandon Airline Injury Attorney
The Dennis Hernandez Brandon airline injury attorneys will fight for your rights. We investigate, gather evidence, create a compelling case, negotiate aggressively, keep you informed and never settle for a penny less than you deserve. We are always ready to go to court, if necessary to get you the results you want. We never back down.
Call us today at 855-529-3366 to get started on your case.