FREE CASE EVALUATION
assistance AVAILABLE - 24 HRS A DAY - 7 DAYS A WEEK!
Harvard Law Graduate | Born & Raised in Tampa
No Fees or Costs Unless WE Win
Car Accident Lawyers in Bradenton, FL
Being in a car accident is something you can never truly understand until you’ve experienced it. The initial panic that sets in within a split second that you or loved ones may have been severely injured or possibly even killed. Once you’ve figured out that everyone is still breathing, then you quickly try to determine who, if anyone, is hurt or badly injured. If fortune was with everyone, and all come away unscathed, your focus shifts to the uphill battle you now face to get your vehicle fixed. Dealing with insurance adjustors, getting a rental car, and wondering how you’re going to feel once the adrenaline wears off.
What if you weren’t as fortunate and were badly injured? Who can you turn to if you’ve been injured in an accident through no fault of your own? Thankfully, that’s where having an expert injury law firm comes into play. Being injured in a Bradenton car accident can feel like your world is falling apart. With the proper guidance, it doesn’t have to feel that way. We’re here to make sure that the individual or individuals at fault are held accountable. While we can’t put you back together, what we can and will do better than anyone is fight to get you paid!
What Should You Do After You’ve Been In a Bradenton Car Crash?
Even the smallest of accidents can be distressing, and it’s understandable for you to be too upset to think of all that should be done in your accident aftermath. Here are the six key things to do if you’re involved in an accident:
1. Call the police
Having a police report filed is vital in deciding who may be deemed at fault for the crash. Even if the other driver begs and pleads with you avoid calling the police, you must call them anyway. Doing this will enable the police to create the report that your lawyer will unquestionably need later for your case. If your claim is rejected by the insurance company, having the police report will aid in process of filing a lawsuit. The police report you obtain will include critical information such as:
- Witness name and contact info
- Both driver’s statements
- Description of the car accident scene
- Pictures of both the scene and the vehicles involved
- Road conditions description
- License and insurance information from both drivers
- Proof of drug/alcohol intoxication at the time of the crash
2. Seek medical attention
Just because you and your passengers can walk away from the scene of an accident doesn’t necessarily indicate that no injuries have been sustained. If you feel that you don’t require emergency medical services, please make sure you seek precautionary medical attention and be evaluated for hidden injuries as soon as you can. Our suggestion though, would be to go to the hospital and get checked out to be on the safe side. When at the hospital for car accident treatment, they will:
Run necessary tests to evaluate if you have any injuries Prescribe medicine you may need as a result of the crash Observe your condition if a traumatic brain injury (TBI) is suspected Provide evidence of injuries in the form of medical documentation If necessary, they can testify at trial to explain the severe nature of your injuries
3. Do not admit fault
The determination of who is at fault can often only be made after a complete investigation. At the scene of the accident, do not admit any kind of fault to any degree to the police, witnesses, the other driver or passengers, or anyone else. Wait until you have consulted an attorney.
4. Speak to an injury attorney in Tampa, Florida before signing or agreeing to anything
Some insurance companies dispatch local agents to accident scenes or hospitals whose job is to quickly arrange a settlement with you. (You may also hear from an insurance company’s agent via phone or email for the same purpose.) It’s critical that you do not agree to settle a claim or sign any documents before you have consulted an attorney.
5. Take photos
If you are physically able to do so, take as many photos as possible of the vehicles involved, damage to the vehicle, the surrounding scene, and any other details that you think may be pertinent.
6. Get witness information
Ask all witnesses on the scene for their names and contact information.
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer After Your Crash
Trying to file a claim for damages on your own can become a complex process that’s better suited for an expert in car accident law. You must file an auto accident claim within four years of the date of the accident per Florida law. You’ll be unable to file a case with any court in the state once the statute expires. Additional things to consider is that insurance laws are fairly complex already without even adding in Florida’s specific rules. Insurance companies have full legal teams at their disposal, and pay their lawyers handsomely. It’s easy for them to have a claim dismissed by citing minor legal issues. If you’re attempting to represent yourself, countering a large insurance company may be too overwhelming. Insurance companies also push for settlements that are usually always tiny in comparison to what you truly deserve. By not having a car accident attorney in your corner to represent your best interests, you couldn’t begin to estimate how much compensation you should be asking for and fighting for you to receive due to your injuries.
How Much Money Will My Claim Be Worth?
It’s impossible to list all of the many factors that go into what a claim may be worth, but here are a few. How severely injured you are, the amount of property damage incurred, and your level of disability all play a role in calculation your potential compensation. Expert testimony from doctors and vehicle crash experts, among others, also come into play regarding compensation. Every car crash is unique and has its own set of challenges. When you hire Dennis Hernandez and Associates, PA to represent you, there are no fees or costs unless we win your case. Our attorneys are experts in car accident law and we’ll be able to provide you a sense of what your case may be worth, explain the client process, and begin the sign-up process if you so choose. Don’t delay calling us for your free case evaluation. Our phone lines are open 24/7.
Our BRADENTON Auto Accident Lawyers Handle All KINDS of Car Crashes
Car accidents can happen in a multitude of ways due to a myriad of circumstances. That’s why it’s crucial that you speak to one of the best Bradenton car accident lawyers in the area at our 4th Avenue office. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and we can help you too. If you would prefer, you can submit your inquiry online or you can call us 24/7. You may have been involved in one of these common types of crashes:
– These auto accident types generally don’t cause life threatening injuries and are usually the fault of the rear driver. They may have been distracted by texting, been driving too fast on a wet road, or just couldn’t react fast enough to time. If the driver is found at fault you should be eligible to receive compensation.
– Head-on collisions can easily lead to serious or catastrophic injuries. Two cars moving fast and making contact head to head produces immense force which can create both blunt force and soft tissue injuries. This can happen when one of the drivers is driving recklessly. Damages from head-on collisions can quickly go through the roof. This is what makes it all the more critical that you have a team of injury law experts by your side to help you receive compensation and ensure your bills get paid.
– Accidents like these are unnecessary and leave so much damage and heartache in their wake. Our experienced Tampa accident lawyers can take on your case and make sure you get the maximum compensation you may be eligible for.
– These crashes can be terrifying and catch the other drivers completely off guard. Having a car careening toward you in the complete opposite direction of the rest of the flow of traffic can paralyze a driver’s ability to react quick enough to try and get out of the way and protect themselves. According to a special report by the National Transportation Safety Board, about 360 lives are lost annually to wrong way driving collisions.
Other types of cases include:
- Hit and run accidents
- Injured drivers
- Injured passengers
- Driving while fatigued
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Defective auto parts
- Traffic violations
- Poorly maintained roads
- Poorly maintained cars or equipment
Your Car Accident Lawyer IN BRADENTON Will deal with the Insurance Company’s Adjuster
If everything went perfectly, your insurance claim would be paid within a few days after being submitted. Things don’t work that way very often, unfortunately. Insurance companies often reject a portion of claims submitted and they attempt to reduce payouts down to the bare minimum. You can appeal the decision if your claim is denied and maybe you’ll get lucky. It’s more likely the insurance company will push you to a claim settlement. You’ll then be required to sign a release keeping you from ever coming back for more money in the future once signed. This tactic is used by insurance companies to pay as little as possible. Generally, what insurance companies pay is not even close to what you should be compensated based on your injuries. We recommended that you never sign a settlement or release without talking to an attorney first. If your claim isn’t paid in full by the insurance company, you should contact one of our Expert Bradenton Car Accident Lawyers as soon as possible!
Why Would the Insurance Company Deny My Claim?
Insurance companies may deny your claim for a myriad of reasons:
- The policy was not valid due to a non-payment lapse or cancellation.
- The driver didn’t qualify for coverage due to a suspended/revoked license.
- The insurance company simply doesn’t believe you about your injuries.
- The claim exceeds the policy limits of the coverage.
Whichever the reason, our car accident lawyers can appeal the claim for you. Our car crash attorneys can reach out to the insurance company and attempt to get the claim reopened. Based on your injuries, then would work towards a settlement or go to trial based on the circumstances of your case. We fight to get you paid and do not back down from insurance companies attempting to leave you uncompensated.
Our BRADENTON Accident Lawyers Will Fight to Get You Paid and Made Whole
We work hard to make you whole because of the auto accident injuries suffered at the hands of another party. The severity and permanency of your injuries play a large role in the compensation you could receive. Lost wages and medical bills make up the largest portion of damages recovered in an accident injury case. The most common types of damages you’re likely to encounter is:
– Being unable to work and provide for yourself or your family is common, and depending on the severity of the accident, may be permanent. Our car accident lawyers will demand that your lost wages be compensated for past, current, and even future earnings depending on how long you’ll be out of work.
– Medical bills can quickly get out of hand in a car accident scenario, and just was we’re able to do with lost wages, our auto accident attorneys will be demanding past, current, and future medical bills (if applicable). Getting to the past and current bills are the easy part by obtaining billing records but estimating future medical bills can require specialized experts. It’s not uncommon to bring in medical experts to testify on your behalf as to how much your future medical bills could be based on your current projected track.
– Repairing your vehicle is important too! Many states, especially Florida, require a private vehicle to maintain a basic way of life and get back and forth from important places. The repairs will fall on you initially, but all receipts from repairs needed to fix your vehicle should be provided to your attorney. Many if not all repairs will be covered by your settlement/judgement.
Pain and Suffering
– Physical, mental, and emotional paid all fall into this category. Physical pain has more of a concrete measure, whereas emotional and mental anguish are a little harder to assign. An example of mental and emotional anguish might be something like this though: You were involved in a head-on collision and it was deemed that you’ve become permanently injured and have no use of your arms. The physical part would be the use of your arms, but the mental and emotional part of this scenario would be the anguish of not being able to work and provide for your family ever again, or you’re not being able to ever pick up and carry around your infant child again. That mental and emotional pain is absolutely worth something as it has permanently altered your life and you cannot enjoy life the way you had preceding the accident.
Your Tampa accident attorney will work to prove these suffered damages through evidence such as:
- Medical expert testimony
- Medical records
- Pictures/Documentation of your injuries
- Proof of lost wages
- Statements from family/friends describing you pre and post-crash
Can I still Get Help from An auto Accident Attorney Even If I Was Partially at Fault?
Sometimes, being partially to blame in a car accident happens. If you feel that may be the case with your accident, you need to let your car accident attorney know from the very beginning. The sooner they know, the better off everyone will be. The last thing anyone wants is to be blindsided, and for a case to be dismissed over something not being disclosed up front.
Our auto accident lawyers may be able to get you compensated, even if you’re partly to blame. In Florida, there is what’s called the comparative negligence rule. Per this law, even if you’re deemed partially at fault, you can still recover a portion of your damages. Your claim will be reduced by the percentage you’re found at fault for regarding the crash. Our Bradenton car accident lawyers know how comparative negligence rules work. We’ll fight to get you as much compensation as possible.
Contact Our Car Accident Attorneys in BRADENTON Today
Contacting a car crash attorney is vital to make sure you’re taking all of the necessary steps to be made whole after your accident. You need to seek medical attention in the first 14 days of the crash or you will forfeit at least $10,000 in PIP coverage available to you. The more expeditiously you choose an attorney, the better your chances are of recovering damages.
If your claim has been denied by the insurance company, a lawsuit will need to be filed to start the process of recovering damages. Your attorney will require certain information to do this accurately. The first time you meet your car accident attorney in Bradenton, be sure you bring this vital information with you:
- Copy of police report
- Pictures from the accident scene
- Witness contact information
- Insurance and contact info from the other driver
- Copies of all medical records/documents
- Receipts for out of pocket expenses like auto repair
If you’ve been the victim of a car crash, contact our car accident lawyers today. Our consultation is free and there will be no fees or costs unless we win your case. By speaking to us, we’ll be able to discuss your case with you and you’ll see how different things are with an experienced Bradenton car accident lawyer sitting in your corner. We’ll look at the evidence, and let you know what your case could be worth based on past client circumstances. Call 855-529-3366 now to get started.
We will respond as quickly as we can.
Find help anywhere, anytime.