Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Wrongful Death Lawyer in Florida
Losing someone you cherish is one of the most difficult things to face in a lifetime. If an at-fault driver behind the wheel has taken your loved one’s life, you should be entitled to compensation. The best way to receive rightful compensation is to contact a Florida personal injury lawyer. We can file a wrongful death lawsuit and make your case heard.
In Florida court, proving negligence can be quite difficult. The burden of providing proof and evidence falls on the surviving family members. Proving someone’s death was the fault of another party is taxing emotionally and physically. A Florida personal injury attorney will be able to prove the other party is at fault.
An experienced personal injury lawyer will precisely quantify the wrongful death damages. This includes the estimated loss of income and medical bills. Most important is the difficult task of putting a dollar amount on a human life. This is an emotional, stressful process that our reliable wrongful death attorney team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates is ready to take on for you.
We know the importance of trusting your injury attorney. Our Florida-based personal injury lawyer team will work with you tirelessly to get your family the best possible compensation.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Florida accident attorney. Please contact us at (855) 529 3366.
What is a Wrongful Death Claim?
Wrongful death personal injury claims are a civil action. They state that one party’s negligence caused another person to die. In Florida, parents, children, spouses or other relatives that are dependent can file a claim. According to the Florida Wrongful Death Act, they do this with a personal injury law firm
How Much Does it Cost?
It’s possible that somebody with the privilege of a strong legal team might have taken your loved one’s life. Florida businesses, corporations and wealthy individuals will more often than not have incredibly expensive personal injury attorneys. They’ll have access to ample resources for their defense, which is why you need the best personal injury lawyer you can get.
You might be putting off your claim because of the cost. Be aware that Florida wrongful death cases fall under a statute of limitations. Our expert team of accident injury lawyers at Dennis Hernandez is well versed in this process. We work as hard as the expensive lawyers without over-charging you.
If you do not wish to pursue legal action in court, our injury claim lawyers will help your family reach a settlement with the at-fault party. The outcome depends on specific circumstances, like the relationship between the deceased and the claimant. Wrongful death settlements can often be reached without even needing to bring the case to a Florida court. This is possible with the help of your personal injury firm.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Some of the common types of Florida wrongful death cases and claims include:
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace accidents
- Car or truck accidents
- Defective products
How Do I Choose a Florida Wrongful Death Lawyer?
If you lost a loved one due to any of these reasons above, contact our firm today.
Experienced accident lawyers will get to know you just as much as your situation. They will go over the possible Florida wrongful death damages with you, which include:
- Medical costs that accrued before death
- Psychological pain and suffering
- Florida burial and funeral costs
- Loss of love, guidance, or companionship
They will fight to prove to the court that you have suffered and are owed compensation.
Consult an Experienced Wrongful Death Attorney
At our Florida offices, we understand that the loss of a loved one is a traumatic experience no one should endure. This is why our wrongful death law firm is dedicated to helping you. We provide you with thigh-quality injury protection in Florida.
If a loved one has died or experienced a serious injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, contact our wrongful death lawyers today. We service all victims in Florida, including the following cities:
- Winter Haven
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use his or hers.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.