Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Florida
Heavy traffic in big Florida cities like Tampa and Orlando can lead to horrible accidents. Some of the most serious are bicycle-related. If a negligent driver is around, enjoying a pleasant bike ride in the warm Florida weather can quickly lead to a trip to the hospital.
Seeking legal counsel is an important part of moving on from a bicycle crash like this. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we value the bicycle victim above all else. We work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
We have an intricate knowledge of local and state Florida law. Our seasoned legal team has what it takes to successfully represent your bicycle crash case.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Florida accident attorney. Please contact us at (855) 529 3366.
Injuries Caused by Bicycle Accidents
A bicycle wreck can cause more than just physical damage. Long-term mental health can affect a serious accident victim.
Common injuries sustained include:
- Brain damage and concussion
- Spine injury
- Broken bones
Have you sustained bicycle injuries as a result of the negligence of another driver in Florida? In many accidents, you might not realize you have a serious injury because it can take days for symptoms to arise.
Reach out to Dennis Hernandez & Associates if you’ve been in a bicycle accident. Our legal team specializes in helping clients find financial stability and fighting the insurance companies.
Traffic in Florida cities like Clearwater and St Petersburg can be difficult to dodge in the first place. But on a bike, it can be near impossible and even dangerous.
Distracted drivers are unprepared when they encounter cyclists on the road or in the parking lot. This is why they often end up failing to break or turn in time. Thus, a serious accident occurs.
Some causes of the most typical accidents in Florida are:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving, including road rage and speeding
- Not obeying traffic signage or laws
- Faulty vehicles or parts
We have experience fighting against all these instances of recklessness or negligence. Our team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates builds a case to prove the guilty party owes you compensation.
Bicycle injuries in Florida can be incredibly serious. They may require the victim to pay large sums of money for hospital bills. This can include physical therapy and even counseling. It’s common for victims to face PTSD and fear picking up their bike again.
Financial compensation can ease the physical and mental burdens after an accident. It can pay for having to miss work due to recovery time and cover medical bills.
A quality Florida legal team will ensure all of these factors are taken into account when determining damages. This is so that the victim is not undercut by the defendant’s lawyers.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Residents of Largo, Bradenton, and other Florida cities know that getting out in the beautiful weather is part of the Florida lifestyle. After an accident, bicycle enthusiasts might feel devastated. It makes us fearful of stepping outdoors. This is why we’re here to help.
Our team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates want to make sure that the Florida roads are safe for bikers to enjoy freely. We want those who have suffered from unfortunate accidents due to negligence are compensated.
Consult an Experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Reach out to one of our many Florida offices today. Whether you live in Bradenton, Kissimmee or Winter Haven, our attorneys have specialized knowledge of Florida law. Call us today to set up your free initial consultation.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use his or hers.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.