When you get into a truck accident, there are many steps you must take when it comes to your claim. Do you know exactly what you need to include? Here at Dennis Henandez & Associates, P.A., our team of professionals is here to ensure you get all the information you need. Our personal injury attorney near me is located in Tampa.
Think About Your Medical Expenses
When you start contemplating your accident claim, take a look at your medical expenses related to the accident. Many people do not realize how expensive even minor injuries can be. Even without surgery, for example, a single broken limb can cost an average of $2,500. More serious injuries come with more serious expenses. Consider:
- In the first year after a spinal cord injury, patients with tetraplegia may face costs totaling over $1 million. These costs do not end after the first year, either. Even patients who suffer only decreased motor function as a result of a spinal cord injury may face an average cost of $42,000 each year for medical care.
- Caring for a victim of traumatic brain injury can cost between $600,000 and more than $1,800,000 during that person’s lifetime. The cost of care for victims of traumatic brain injury may depend on the extent of the damage and whether the patient requires ongoing skilled care. Patients who suffer lifelong consequences from a traumatic brain injury usually face significantly higher costs than those who recover in time.
- The typical cost of a limb amputation ranges between $20,000 and $60,000. That cost represents the amputation alone, not physical therapy or other costs associated with recovery. A high-end prosthetic limb can cost as much as $40,000.
What Goes into the Cost of a Truck Accident?
- Ambulance transport from the scene of the accident.
- The E.R. bill
- Durable medical equipment
- Hospitalization costs
- Surgical costs
- The costs of continuing tests and scans
- TIme in a long-term care facility
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Changes to the victims home to accommodate your injuries
Check Us Out
Since 1996, the Florida personal injury attorneys at Dennis Hernandez & Associates have fought to get the full and fair justice our clients deserve. We take a personalized approach to every personal injury claim and will not stand down against the insurance companies. Our dedicated team of trial attorneys will take your case as far as possible to fairly compensate you for your injuries.
Call Our Personal Injury Attorney Near Me
Did you recently get into a truck accident and need an accident attorney in Orlando to help with your accident claim? Here at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., our team of law professionals want to make sure you are safe and protected while on the road. You can count on our personal injury law firm to help you with a car accident lawyer. If you live in Tampa, be sure to rely on our personal injury attorney near me. Call the best personal injury lawyer today to find out more information.