Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Winter Haven, FL
Riding a bike in Winter Haven is an eco-friendly way to zip around town. Unfortunately, cyclists can find themselves involved in a bicycle wreck with serious injuries. If you are an avid cyclist in Winter Haven, it is important to be cognizant of your surroundings and know what to do in the event of a crash.
Without the protection of a vehicle, bicycle injuries can be serious and even fatal. Winter Haven cyclists are at great risk of injury when up against a full-sized vehicle. If the driver is at fault in an accident, seek appropriate legal advice early to fight for the compensation you deserve.
The team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA in Winter Haven, FL, specializes in personal injury cases. We fight to maximize the compensation outcome to include loss of wages and medical expenses. Contacting a Winter Haven attorney after a bicycle injury might not seem like a priority, but it certainly should be. We can handle the legal proceedings while you focus on recovering.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Winter Haven accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Bicycle Accidents
Taking to the open road on a bike in Winter Haven can be thrilling – but also dangerous in the event of a collision with a vehicle. Some common injuries include:
- Spinal injuries
- Brain damage
- Broken bones
After serious injuries like these, recovery is the first priority. Expert Winter Haven attorneys make getting you the compensation you need our top priority so you can focus on recovering.
The accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez in Winter Haven can support those who have lost a loved one in a bicycle crash. We know there is no replacing that person, but compensation can be essential in covering expenses and bills during a difficult time.
On the busy roadways of Winter Haven, there are several common factors behind bicycle accidents. These are some of the different reasons behind Winter Haven bicycle crashes:
- Failure to offer enough room for passing bikers
- Running a stop sign/red light
- Merging directly into a cyclist while entering a street
- Turning in front of a cyclist
- Not looking both ways at a stop sign
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Drink-driving (DWI)
- Failing to follow “right of way” rules in pedestrian areas
Oftentimes, these accidents can be prevented if drivers are more alert to their surroundings. Sometimes, accidents can also be caused by manufacturer defects. If dangerous roads, defective helmets, or equipment flaws are behind your accident, you need a lawyer on your side. Our accident bicycle lawyers in Winter Haven can review your case to help you get the justice you deserve.
Assessing damages in the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming. The first priority is to call for immediate medical assistance. Then, if you are able, exchange insurance and contact information with all parties. Taking pictures of the scene is also beneficial. These are the first few steps towards building a case with strong evidence. These actions will be essential in determining the compensation you need.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Since 1997, our law firm has served the Winter Haven community on a no-win, no-fee basis. We understand the intricacies of injury law and insurance companies in Winter Haven. Utilizing our expertise is the best route to maximize the pay-out.
Consult an Experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Winter Haven
The team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA will work tirelessly to bring Winter Haven clients the justice they deserve. Whether you were involved in an accident on bicycle last night, today, or are just preparing for the future, let us help. We are dedicated to the Winter Haven community and helping injured people receive what is due to them. We provide the highest levels of service in Winter Haven and have full confidence in our ability to help you.
To schedule a free legal consultation in Winter Haven, call us today!
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Winter Haven personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.