Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Winter Haven, FL
Personal injuries are often caused by someone else’s negligence. When this happens, you’re entitled to compensation that covers lost wages or medical bills as a result of this accident. Since insurance companies are equipped with legal advisors whose main goal is to minimize costs, victims of these accidents in Winter Haven may not receive the compensation they truly deserve.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we believe everyone who’s experienced a serious injury due to negligence needs to have legal representation to fight for them in and out of the courtroom. Our experienced personal injury solicitors in Winter Haven are prepared to give you the compensation you and your family deserve.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Winter Haven accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
What Is a Personal Injury Attorney?
Personal injury claims can be filed against an individual or institution who is at fault after an accident has taken place. A Winter Haven personal injury firm or attorney helps those filing the claim to receive positive outcomes from an injury that was caused by someone else’s carelessness.
An experienced and knowledgeable Winter Haven injury lawyer can make the difference between a successful case where every bit of damage is accounted for and one where insurance companies end up paying you less than you deserve.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’re filing a claim against an individual or company in Winter Haven, you can expect them to be backed up with legal representation. Even if they were at fault you must prove this, which can be difficult. Winter Haven accident injury lawyers help claim damages and recover deserved compensation. These injury claim lawyers prevent insurance companies from getting away with paying you as little as possible.
How Much Does It Cost?
Every case is different, therefore, so is the cost. We offer a free review of your case to inform you of your options. Our lawyers in Winter Haven work on a contingency fee basis, which means that if you don’t win, neither do we! Our fees are usually somewhere between 33% and 40% of the final settlement amount.
Get in touch with one of our Winter Haven attorneys today to learn more about how much your case is worth and what our costs look like.
How Do I Know What My Case Is Worth?
A reliable personal injury law firm will let you know how much your case is worth. They take into consideration the severity of your injuries, medical bills, pain or distress caused, family sufferings, lost wages, etc. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Winter Haven, FL, we’ll give you the personal injury protection you need to be compensated.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
When choosing a personal injury attorney in Winter Haven, you want the best accident lawyer with experience in this field. Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. has been handling personal injury cases for Winter Haven residents since 1997. We specialize in other areas as well which include car accidents, wrongful deaths, or pedestrian accidents.
Passionate about helping you and your family, we don’t rest until you receive fair compensation for all the damages and distress brought onto you. Don’t leave your case up to chance. Instead, get in touch with us today to learn about what you’re entitled to.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
Dennis Hernandez & Associates does everything in their power to make sure you get the most out of your claim. With the best personal injury lawyers in Winter Haven, we’re confident in our ability to get you a positive outcome. For more information or to learn more about claims, give us a call today.
We look forward to working with you and reviewing your case. Get in touch with us today!
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Winter Haven personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.