Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
Driving out on the open road is what draws people to buy a motorcycle. Enthusiasts are hooked by the freedom it offers. Unfortunately, just as this is enjoyable, it’s also dangerous. Bikers’ lives are put at greater risk than car drivers since they don’t benefit from the protection of an enclosed vehicle. This means they’re more likely to be injured or killed in the event of a biker accident.
Tampa’s number of riders is on the rise, meaning that bikers need to be more cautious on the road. All Tampa riders should be informed about what to do in the case of an accident. If you or a loved one has been involved in a Tampa motorcycle crash, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Tampa are home to the best motorcycle accident attorneys. We help you streamline the process of getting legal compensation after a motorcycle crash.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Tampa accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
It’s no surprise that Tampa motorcycle crashes can bring serious injuries, and sometimes can be fatal. When difficult times like this arise, you can seek compensation to cover medical expenses associated with your injuries.
Our Tampa lawyers are here to help you get the assistance you need during recovery. Depending on your circumstances we can help you receive compensation for the following:
- Medical Costs
- Loss of Income
- Property Loss
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Consortium
- Punitive Damages
If you get into an accident in Tampa, remove your motorcycle out of traffic’s way if possible or get someone else to. This will prevent further damage or accidents involving other drivers and pedestrians. Then, exchange contact and insurance information with those involved in the bike crash. Get contact information from witnesses, and take photographs of the scene. Of course, seek medical attention at the earliest opportunity.
Finally, give us a call to speak with a Tampa motorcycle injuries attorney. We can help you establish if you have a case.
Getting into an accident on a motorcycle in the Tampa area is sadly common because of heavy traffic in the city. The distraction posed by cell phones compounds the risk. Our experienced Tampa motorcycle wreck lawyers will be able to help you with all types of circumstances including:
- Defective motorcycle parts or equipment
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- DUI accidents
- Reckless driving
- Roadway obstructions
- U-Turn accidents
- Hit and run accidents
If you’re unsure about bringing a claim, give us a call. We offer free initial consultations regarding a motor vehicle accident in Tampa.
Without a lawyer, you may settle for an unfair deal from your insurance company. They like to act quickly to make a settlement – sometimes before all the facts are in. You want to be prompt when filing a claim to receive the compensation you and your family deserve. A Tampa accident attorney can help immensely in a motorcycle accident case.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Yes, it’s true that in Florida you are not required to have a lawyer when dealing with your insurance company. However, just like any other business, insurance providers want to keep as much profit as possible. A qualified Tampa motorcycle accident attorney will protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
Whether you were in a motorcycle accident last night or today, don’t let your case go unnoticed. Get in touch with our Tampa law firm today.
Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA we take pride in offering Tampa residents the best possible outcomes when it comes to a motorcycle accident. Whether you were in a motorcycle accident yesterday, today, or simply want to be prepared in case one happens in the future, motorcycle wrecks are devastating events for everyone involved and not something that should be faced alone. Give us a call at (813) 250-0000 to get one step closer to receiving the compensation that you deserve.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Tampa personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.