Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
No one expects to be involved in a bicycle accident. But, unfortunately, they are common occurrences in Tampa. If it happens to you it’s essential to know how to act. When drivers aren’t focused on their surroundings, as is common in Tampa, collisions can happen. When cyclists are involved, they’re often subjected to serious physical harm.
Bicycle injuries on the road can be fatal. Tampa cyclists are at greater risk of harm in comparison to powerful vehicles. When a driver is a fault in an accident, seek professional legal advice as early as you can to ensure you’re rightfully compensated for the damage caused.
At Dennis Hernandez in Tampa, we specialize in personal injury cases. Our aim is to maximize your compensation including medical expenses and loss of wages. Contacting a Tampa attorney after a bicycle wreck may be the last thing on your mind. However, doing so will allow us to handle legal proceedings while you recover, getting you the compensation you deserve.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Tampa accident attorney. Please contact us at (813) 250 0000.
Injuries Caused by Bicycle Accidents
Riding a bicycle on the open road in Tampa can bring serious injuries when you are impacted by a driver. The results can include:
- Spinal injuries
- Brain damage
- Broken bones
A qualified Tampa attorney will be able to handle complex cases like these while you recover.
Our accident attorneys at Dennis Hernandez and Associates, PA aid those in Tampa who’ve lost someone to a cycling incident. We know that no amount of money can bring your loved one back. However, seeking legal assistance will help your family cover bills and expenses during this difficult time.
There are many different reasons why a driver might cause a collision with a cyclist. Below we have listed some possible causes of Tampa accidents that could have been prevented if drivers were more alert. Here are some examples:
- Running a stop sign/red light
- Failure to offer enough room for passing bikers
- Turning in front of a cyclist
- Merging directly into a cyclist while entering a street
- Not looking both ways at a stop sign
- Drink-driving (DWI)
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Failing to follow “right of way” rules in pedestrian areas
You should also consider whether the accident was caused by a manufacturer defect. If you believe that your injury was caused by a flaw in your bike, dangerous roads, or a defective helmet, give us a call. Our accident bicycle lawyers at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA in Tampa will review your case and help you seek the justice you deserve.
It can sometimes be difficult to determine what damages have been done. After an incident in Tampa, call for immediate medical assistance then exchange contact and insurance information with everyone involved. Take detailed pictures of the scene. This is all very important for building evidence for a case. Your actions will help you receive the most compensation possible.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Act fast when involved in a bicycle crash. Our experienced and knowledgeable Tampa experts will work for you on a no-win, no-fee basis. We highly suggest you seek the help of a Tampa bicycle accident attorney to maximize your pay-out.
Consult an Experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyer
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA, we work diligently to bring our Tampa clients justice. Whether you were in an accident on a bicycle last night, today, or want to prepare in case you get into one in the future, we can help. We dedicate our time in helping injured people claim what rightfully belongs to them. Providing the highest level of service, we are confident in our ability to help you recover financially from your Tampa cycling accident.
For more information or to schedule a free legal consultation in Tampa today give us a call at (813) 250 0000.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Tampa personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.