Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Tampa, FL
Have you or a loved one in Tampa experienced a serious injury due to someone else’s carelessness? We’re here to help you take proper legal action and receive full compensation. Our prestigious personal injury attorneys in Tampa are exactly what you’re looking for.
Don’t let the big Tampa insurance companies decide how much you should be getting for your personal injury. Let the highly skilled injury lawyers at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., determine the figure that fully considers all the ways that an accident has affected your life, not only today, but in the future.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. is a Tampa-based personal injury law firm with a team of the best accident lawyers in the Tampa area.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Tampa accident attorney. Please contact us at (813) 250 0000.
What Is a Personal Injury Attorney?
Personal injury attorneys in Tampa assist those wanting to bring a claim against a person or institution at fault after an accident. This can be in the event of a car accident, if you have been hurt at work, or have otherwise been injured at no fault of your own.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
We help you claim damages when you have been injured – physically, mentally, or emotionally – because of someone else’s lack of attention.
While you could handle your own case, it’s recommended that you hire a Tampa lawyer to help you with your case. We are trained and experienced in the intricacies of these cases. We can help you recover more compensation and prevent insurance companies from paying you less than you deserve.
How Much Does It Cost?
At Dennis Hernandez in Tampa, FL, our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means if we don’t win, you pay nothing. Contingency fees allow lawyers to be compensated based on the final settlement of the case. These fees are usually between 33% and 40%, dependent on the claimant’s circumstances.
How Do I Know What My Case Is Worth?
Your case’s worth is based firstly on the severity of your injuries. This includes the type of medical care you’re receiving and how often you’re receiving it. It also depends on the extent of the liability of the defendant in causing the accident. The important thing to do when determining your case’s worth is to take everything into account – hospital fees, pain or distress, lost wages, family sufferings, etc.
Our lawyers at Dennis Hernandez in Tampa will do everything in their power to make sure every bit of damage is accounted for, so you get the most out of your claim.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Since 1997, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. has been handling the personal injury claims of citizens in Tampa and now throughout central and South Florida. We specialize in a wide range of cases including auto accidents, wrongful deaths, nursing home abuse, among others. If you have a serious injury claim, we will work by your side every step of the way.
As a client of our Tampa personal injury firm, we treat you as extended family. You’ll be assigned the best personal injury lawyers to represent you. Don’t leave your case up to chance: hire an expert injury attorney in Tampa to get full compensation.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
At Dennis Hernandez, we are dedicated to offering our Tampa clients the best possible outcomes. Our team of accident injury lawyers has years of experience and understands the complex nature of these cases. Expect nothing but high-quality work from our Tampa law firm. We look forward to assisting you with your personal injury protection.
For more information or a free consultation please contact our Tampa office at (813) 250-0000. We look forward to hearing from you, reviewing your case, and bringing you the compensation you deserve.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Tampa personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.