Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
Bicycle accidents in St. Petersburg are becoming a common occurrence as more people take to the roads on two wheels. If you are involved in a bicycle crash in St. Petersburg, it is essential for you to know what steps to take. Distracted driving on the busy roadways of St. Petersburg often leads to these unfortunate collisions. For exposed cyclists, this can result in serious physical injuries.
Bicycle injuries can be fatal when cyclists go against powerful vehicles. Seeking professional legal aid from Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. in St. Petersburg is the first step to ensuring you receive the appropriate compensation for sustained damages. We specialize in all types of personal injury cases with the goal to maximize your compensation after a bicycle accident in St. Petersburg. This includes everything from lost wages to medical expenses.
Contacting an attorney after an accident on a bicycle might be the last thing on your mind, but it is essential. We will handle the details of the legal proceedings in St. Petersburg as you focus on recovery after a bicycle accident. Our attorneys are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced St. Petersburg accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Bicycle Accidents
Riding a bicycle on the open roads of St. Petersburg is a freeing experience, but can result in serious injuries if you are struck by a vehicle. Injuries after a bicycle accident can include, but are not limited to:
- Spinal injuries
- Brain damage
- Spinal injuries
- Head trauma and coma
- Broken bones
The qualified attorneys at Dennis Hernandez in St. Petersburg will handle complex cases like yours while you prioritize recovery.
We also aid St. Petersburg residents who have sadly lost a loved one to a bicycle wreck. No amount of money will replace a loved one and we understand this. However, we also know legal assistance can help with bills and medical expenses during a difficult time in the aftermath of a bicycle accident.
Drivers collide with cyclists for a myriad of reasons in St. Petersburg. Some of the possible causes of accidents in St. Petersburg are listed below. Often, a bicycle accident can be prevented if drivers are more alert on the roadways. Here are some common causes of cyclist accidents:
- Failure to offer enough room for passing bikers
- Running a red light/stop sign
- Turning in front of a cyclist
- Not looking both ways at a stop sign
- Merging directly into a cyclist while entering a street
- Drunk-driving (DWI)
- Distracted driving (using mobile devices)
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Failing to follow “right of way” rules in pedestrian areas
Accidents can also be caused by manufacturer defects. You should give us a call if you believe your injury is the result of an equipment flaw in your bike, dangerous road conditions in St. Petersburg, or a defective helmet. The accident bicycle lawyers at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA in St. Petersburg are ready to review your case and help you get the justice you deserve.
The first action to take after a bicycle accident in St. Petersburg is to seek immediate medical assistance and ensure your physical safety. Next, exchange all pertinent contact information and insurance details with all involved parties. This might include obtaining contact information from potential witnesses.
Take pictures of the bicycle accident scene. At that point, you are building a case with the evidence around you. This will be important in determining damages for your St. Petersburg case. These immediate actions will help you receive the best compensation.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Our capable and experienced attorneys in St. Petersburg will work with you on a no-win, no-fee basis. If we don’t win your case, you are not responsible for legal fees. Time is of the essence after a bicycle crash in St. Petersburg. In order to maximize your payout, let us help you.
Consult an Experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyer
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA, we are dedicated to bringing our clients justice. Whether you were in an accident on a bicycle last night or just want to prepare for the future, we are ready to help at our St. Petersburg office. We aid injured St. Petersburg people in claiming what is due to them. We provide extremely high levels of service and are confident in our ability to get you the compensation you deserve in St. Petersburg.
To schedule a free legal consultation in St. Petersburg after a bicycle accident or get more information, call us at (727) 697-0000.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.