Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer St. Petersburg, FL
Has someone else’s carelessness caused a serious injury to you or a family member in St. Petersburg? The experienced legal team at Dennis Hernandez is fully prepared to help you take appropriate legal action and seek compensation for injuries. With a reputation for excellence and success, we bring some of the best injury claim lawyers in St. Petersburg to your case.
Insurance companies everywhere, including the St. Petersburg area, shouldn’t be the ones deciding what your compensation should be for injury claims. Let a personal injury attorney at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. do the work and get you the best compensation deal in St. Petersburg. We strive for compensation outcomes that consider the full impact of an accident on your life – from time lost at work to medical bills, not just now but also in the future.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. is a personal injury law firm with several locations in the central Florida region, including St. Petersburg. Our firm was started by a fifth-generation Floridian and we have established ourselves as the best accident lawyers in the St. Petersburg area over many years of service.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced St. Petersburg accident attorney. Please contact us at (727) 697 0000.
What Is a Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury lawyer provides counsel to those seeking to bring a claim against an institution, entity, or person who is at fault after a serious accident. We work to ensure your protection when you have been injured through no fault of your own. This can range through a variety of scenarios, including car accidents in St. Petersburg, workplace injury, and other incidents.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Personal injury solicitors are essential when you are seeking to claim damages based on an injury. This includes physical, mental, and emotional injuries caused by someone else’s lack of attention or due diligence.
It is possible to handle these claims on your own in St. Petersburg, but it is tricky. This is why it is recommended to utilize a personal injury law firm to help receive the optimal outcome. Our team of accident injury lawyers are trained on the intricacies of personal injury claims. We will assist you in recovering compensation and ensuring insurance companies do not pay less than you deserve for injuries you have experienced.
How Much Does It Cost?
Our law firm in St. Petersburg works on a contingency fee basis. This means if we don’t win, you do not pay anything. The contingency fee allows your lawyer to be compensated based solely on the final case settlement. The fees tend to be between 33% and 40%, depending on claimant circumstances. We aim to provide the best services for our St. Petersburg clients and have full confidence we can get the compensation you deserve.
How Do I Know What My Case Is Worth?
The worth of a case is based on the severity of injuries. This includes, but is not limited to, any medical care you are receiving and how often. It also takes into account the extent of defendant liability in causing the accident. The important factor in determining a case’s worth is to consider everything – from hospital fees to lost wages, as well as distress and pain, family hardships, and more.
If determining the worth seems overwhelming, just know your injury attorney at Dennis Hernandez in St. Petersburg will do everything to ensure all damage is accounted for to maximize your claim.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. has been serving Florida for over twenty years and has expanded to cities like St. Petersburg. As a personal injury firm in St. Petersburg, we have experience with many case types, including wrongful deaths, car accidents, nursing home abuse, and more. We want to assign the best personal injury lawyer in St. Petersburg to your case to help you navigate this process for the best outcome.
We treat our St. Petersburg clients as extended family. You’ll have peace of mind knowing you have the best accident lawyer in St. Petersburg representing you. Hire from this injury law firm and we will strive to get you full compensation.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
At Dennis Hernandez in St. Petersburg, we work tirelessly as an injury law firm to achieve the best outcome for our clients. Our dedicated team has years of experience in St. Petersburg. We understand these complex cases and provide nothing less than high-quality work. We are standing by at our St. Petersburg location to assist you in obtaining the personal injury protection you deserve.
For a free consultation and more information, please do not hesitate to contact our St. Petersburg office at (727) 697-0000.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.