Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Pedestrian Lawyer in Orlando, FL
Pedestrian accidents occur in Orlando on a regular basis. Often, these accidents are due to the driver’s negligence. However, pedestrians may not receive the compensation that they deserve.
A pedestrian accident can be traumatizing. As well, it can be expensive. In the event of a pedestrian accident, it’s important to hire an attorney. A pedestrian accident lawyer will help you to deal with the culpable party in an Orlando court.
The Orlando court system experiences dozens of such cases each year. Many people receive the compensation they are due. However, too many people go into court ill-equipped. In doing so, they don’t receive this important monetary assistance.
Hiring an Orlando pedestrian accident lawyer ensures that you get proper help. A lawyer will know the industry and local and state laws. They will have also experience handling cases similar to yours in an Orlando court. This means they know what to expect and how to get you the compensation you need.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Orlando accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Pedestrian Accidents
Negligent drivers can cause a range of pedestrian injury to victims. These can range from mild to severe. These injuries can quickly accumulate hospital fees. As well, they limit the day-to-day functions and mobility of the victim. It is important in the case of an auto pedestrian accident to know what injuries you have sustained. It will help you to figure out how the guilty party can compensate you.
Common car pedestrian accident injuries include bone fractures, scrapes, broken bones, bruises, and sprains. More severe spinal cord injuries and brain injuries that range from mild to severe can occur as well.
Orlando pedestrian car accidents can be the result of many factors. Some common causes are simply drivers ignoring the rules of the road. Orlando drivers may be driving recklessly. Other causes include speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence.
There may be cases where the Orlando pedestrian is at fault. Failure to heed Orlando traffic signals, for instance, can cause an accident. On the busy streets of Orlando, it is important to exercise caution.
Liability in Pedestrian Accident Cases
Orlando drivers are liable for driving safely. This is especially so when pedestrians are in the picture. The drivers are in a fast-moving vehicle. The pedestrians do not have the same amount of protection.
An Orlando license requires awareness of safety issues and the law. Anyone with a license knows they must practice safe driving. If an Orlando driver ignores these rules, they can cause a pedestrian accident. In those situations, the driver is liable for their behavior.
This term refers to the possible shared guilt of the victim of the accident. There may be cases where a pedestrian’s actions contributed to the accident. In such scenarios, a court could find this action to be part of the cause. This is a case of contributory negligence. If this information comes to light, the victim may receive less compensation from the defendant.
Accidents involving pedestrians in the Orlando area rack up major monetary expenses. These expenses include hospital and doctor bills and medication. There also may be the lost wages from time spent away from work as a result of the accident. These factors will help a firm to calculate the monetary gains you could receive as a victim.
Why You Need a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
A good injury law firm for Orlando residents is a local one. An Orlando firm has knowledge and experience helping those who have been in pedestrian accidents. They will fight for legal compensation for the monetary, physical, and mental damages.
These attorneys know the ins and outs of Orlando’s traffic laws and pedestrian rights. As such, they can build the best case for you. A pedestrian accident attorney will help to collect the money you need to get your life back on track.
Consult an Experienced Attorney
For years, Dennis Hernandez & Associates have been serving the Orlando area. We assist victims of pedestrian accidents in navigating the complex paths of Orlando courts. Contact us for a friendly and experienced firm that can help you get the results you need.
Checklist after a Personal Injury accrued
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Orlando personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.