Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL
Bikes are a great alternative transportation method to cars as they require no fuel. Plus, they allow for some time outdoors and require some light physical activity. Better yet, this mode of transportation is more accessible than ever.
With rideshare bike programs and bike-friendly lanes in Orlando, we’ve seen an increase in bicycle traffic. However, that means we’ve also seen an increase in occurrences of a bicycle crash in Orlando.
Bicycle injuries can be severe or even fatal on the Orlando road. This is because there’s no fully enclosed vehicle to protect the rider. This can be dangerous when a small bike collides with a car and the driver is at fault. In these cases, it’s important to seek Orlando legal advice as soon as possible. The severe injuries and the medical bills can take a toll on one’s personal finances.
At the Orlando office of Dennis Hernandez and Associates, P.A., we help clients with our bicycle wreck expertise. We work to get compensatory damages for all medical costs. Damages can also include distress, loss of wages, and loss of property. For any accident on a bicycle in Orlando, our team is here to help.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Orlando accident attorney. Please contact us at (407) 680 0000.
Injuries Caused by Bicycle Accidents
It’s possible to sustain many severe injuries from an Orlando bicycle accident. Some of the most common include:
- Brain damage
- Spinal injury
- Broken bones
Most serious bicycle injuries in Orlando are the fault of cars. Cars are more powerful than any bike could ever be. Some of the most common causes of car-on-bike collisions include:
- Failure to allow enough room for bikers passing
- Failure to stop at a stop light or stop sign
- Failure to look both ways at a stop sign
- Merging into a bicyclist
- Turning in front of a bicyclist
- DUI or DWI
- Failure to follow rules on “right of way” in pedestrian or biking areas
Let’s say you were riding your bicycle last night in Orlando when a car hit you. You and your bike flew off the road. Your bike is broken, and you suffered severe injury. How do you determine your damages?
This can be difficult. However, with the help of a team of expert Orlando attorneys, you can determine exactly what damages you’re entitled to. In this case, our attorneys would help you build a case for due compensation. This can be for the bike and any lost wages while receiving medical care. It will also cover the cost of medical care and emotional and physical distress.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Even if you think you can take on your claim yourself, you should think twice. This is even the case although the state of Florida doesn’t require you to have an attorney. By hiring a team of Orlando lawyers, you can maximize your compensation due for your bicycle accident.
Consult an Experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyer
At Dennis Hernandez, we are a diligent team of Orlando lawyers. We work to represent those who sustain personal injuries in a variety of ways. We are experts when it comes to Orlando bicycle injuries. We know how to prove to your insurance company that you rightfully deserve full compensation for all damages suffered. When it comes to your personal health and finances, you should only go with the best personal injury team. It will maximize what you’re entitled to.
We are confident in our abilities to earn you the compensation you deserve. That’s why we only charge our clients if we win the case. In addition, we’re also proud to offer free Orlando consultations. We work with those who think they have a case for a personal injury claim.
If you or someone you love is suffering from a bicycle accident, call Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Orlando. Get in touch today to set up a consultation.
Checklist after a Personal Injury accrued
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Orlando personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.