Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Wrongful Death Lawyer in Largo, FL
The passing of a loved one is one of the hardest things anyone has to go through. You may be able to sue if your loved one in Largo died because of someone else’s actions or inactions.
In Largo, the burden of proving negligence falls on the victim’s family. It can be hard to acquire the right evidence and show that the person or institution was actually at fault. It is also difficult to quantify damages. You must consider everything from medical bills to loss of income.
We at Dennis Hernandez & Associates are determined to help you through this emotional, stressful time. Our Largo team of lawyers will work to ensure that the responsible party is held accountable for their negligence.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Largo accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim is essentially a civil action. It states that a person died because of another’s negligence. Because of the Florida Wrongful Death Act, in Largo, the victim’s children, parents, spouse, or other dependent relatives can file the claim. The statute of limitations in Largo is two years from the date of death.
When Do I Need a Wrongful Death Lawyer?
Corporations and businesses in Largo usually have expensive legal resources available. They are tough to go up against in a Largo wrongful death lawsuit. Attorneys with ample experience in wrongful death law can provide the representation you need to get the rightful compensation.
Even if you don’t want to take your case to court, Dennis Hernandez & Associates can facilitate a wrongful death settlement agreement with the party at fault.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost and potential damages depend on a number of factors, including the situation and relationships between the deceased and claimant. In Largo, some of the kinds of wrongful death damages include:
Medical costs acquired before death
Loss of the deceased’s income
Emotional pain and suffering
Loss of love, companionship, guidance, etc.
It is common for a settlement to be agreed on to avoid a case in a Largo court. Wrongful death settlements are usually paid out by the defendant’s insurance company. An experienced attorney in Largo can help you reach a settlement with the defendant if that’s the course of action you wish to take.
After a free consultation, Dennis Hernandez & Associates can help you determine if a court case or settlement is your family’s best option financially.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Wrongful deaths occur when an individual or company failed in their responsibility to ensure the safety of the deceased. Some instances where you could file this type of claim in Largo include:
Motor vehicle accidents
How Do I Choose a Wrongful Death Lawyer?
When choosing wrongful death lawyers, you’ll want to consider their legal credentials and previous success in handling Largo cases. It is also important to select a firm that handles their cases with respect.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, our wrongful death attorneys have extensive legal experience in Largo. We work with compassion for your family after the loss of a loved one.
Consult an Experienced Largo Wrongful Death Attorney
We understand how painful it is to lose a loved one. We want to support you during this difficult time by giving your case the attention it deserves.
If you wish to file a claim in Largo, contact us today at (855) 529 3366 for a free consultation.
Allow Dennis Hernandez & Associates to help you and your family during your recovery after a Largo collision. Contact a pedestrian injury lawyer today at (855) 529 3366 for a free consultation.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates is dedicated to offering our clients in Largo, Florida the best services and the best outcomes for personal injury claims. We understand the complex nature of these cases. That’s why we will explore every angle to ensure you are being covered in the ways you deserve.
We promise that you will receive high-quality work from our Largo lawyers. We look forward to meeting you and assisting with your damage claims.
If you are interested in a free consultation or more information, please contact our Largo lawyers to talk to our personal injury protection experts. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you on your case.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.