Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Pedstrian Accident Lawyer in Largo, FL
Every year, many people are injured or killed in car pedestrian accidents in the Largo area. These accidents are often caused when people ignore the rules of the road. In any case, instances where a person is hit by a vehicle can be very traumatic.
In Largo, according to Florida law, a pedestrian is defined as someone on foot. Largo drivers and pedestrians alike have the responsibility to use caution on the roads and sidewalks. A person walking, however, is often more likely to be injured. They aren’t protected inside of a vehicle.
You and your family have legal options available when a pedestrian accident results from negligence. The Dennis Hernandez & Associates Largo firm can represent you. We will fight for the compensation you deserve.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Largo accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Pedestrian Accidents
Someone on foot is more likely to sustain serious injuries. But drivers can also be harmed in a pedestrian car accident in Largo. These injuries include:
Brain and head injuries
Those involved can also suffer from emotional distress. They might exhibit signs of anxiety or PTSD.
Whether you were the person walking, driver, or passenger, it is important to seek medical attention after a pedestrian accident. You’ll get the care you need and have Largo medical records available for your legal case.
Drivers behaving recklessly or ignoring the rules of the road are some of the most common causes of pedestrian car accidents in Largo. Driving while distracted, speeding, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can all lead to tragic accidents.
Sometimes, however, the person walking can cause the accident. They might ignore Largo traffic signals or otherwise not use caution when walking close to a road.
Liability in Pedestrian Accident Cases
Because they are operating large, fast-moving vehicles, Largo drivers have a duty to drive safely. People who are just walking do not have the protection that drivers have on the road.
Having a Largo driver’s license means that one should be aware of the rules of the road. We are all liable for driving safely. A driver can be held responsible for their behavior if they cause an auto pedestrian accident.
After a Largo pedestrian accident, you may hear the term “contributory negligence”. This is when both parties caused a crash through their negligent behavior.
For example, a driver is obviously at fault if they speed through a crosswalk and hit someone on foot. The driver, however, can make a contributory negligence defense if the person walking crossed when the signal didn’t indicate that it was time to. The damages the pedestrian would receive, therefore, would likely be diminished.
A Largo pedestrian accident lawyer can help you in the difficult process of determining what your damages are. Some costs we can recover include more straightforward ones such as property damage and medical costs. We can also help recover lost wages and damage caused by emotional pain and suffering.
Why You Need a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
It can be hard to navigate the Largo legal system without the proper guidance. Our experts at Dennis Hernandez & Associates are equipped to handle your case. We’ll make sure that all of your damages are accounted for and represent you in court. We want to fight for the compensation you deserve while making the process as painless as possible.
Consult an Experienced Largo Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Allow Dennis Hernandez & Associates to help you and your family during your recovery after a Largo collision. Contact a pedestrian injury lawyer today at (855) 529 3366 for a free consultation.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates is dedicated to offering our clients in Largo, Florida the best services and the best outcomes for personal injury claims. We understand the complex nature of these cases. That’s why we will explore every angle to ensure you are being covered in the ways you deserve.
We promise that you will receive high-quality work from our Largo lawyers. We look forward to meeting you and assisting with your damage claims.
If you are interested in a free consultation or more information, please contact our Largo lawyers to talk to our personal injury protection experts. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you on your case.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.