Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Largo, FL
Bicycle accidents are often unexpected. But unfortunately, they’re all too common in Largo, FL. It is imperative that cyclists know how to react in the event of a bicycle crash. Motorists are often distracted, which causes collisions. Cyclists often suffer serious physical injuries when they are involved in a crash.
Bicycle injuries are often fatal on the road. The high volume of vehicles in Largo leave cyclists vulnerable to bicycle wrecks. Have you or a loved one has been involved in a bike crash in Largo? If so, contact a lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that you receive proper compensation for damage caused.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA specializes in bicycle injury cases in Largo. We are dedicated to getting you the compensation you deserve. All you need to do is focus on your recovery.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Largo accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Bicycle Accidents
When you are cycling on the roads of Largo and are involved in a bicycle crash, you may suffer serious injuries. These may include:
Our attorneys at Dennis Hernandez are experienced in aiding Largo residents who have been involved in or have lost someone in a bike accident. We understand the devastating circumstances that can come from these kinds of accidents. That’s why we are dedicated to helping you and your family through this difficult time.
No amount of money can bring your loved one back after a deadly accident. But legal assistance can help cover expensive bills and help you focus on you and your family.
There are many causes of collisions with cyclists on the roads of Largo. The often-preventable circumstances involved in bicycle accidents include:
Failure to provide bikers enough room when passing
Running a red light or stop sign
Turning in front of a cyclist
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Merging into a cyclist
Not looking both ways before proceeding at a stop sign
Failure to follow right of way laws
Defective bike parts
If you or a loved one have experienced any of the above in an accident on a bicycle, please contact us today. Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Largo will review the circumstances of your case to seek justice for you.
Determining the damages after a bike crash can be complex. After a bicycle accident in Largo, call for medical assistance as soon as possible. Then, exchange contact information and insurance information with all parties involved. Make sure to get the contact information of any witnesses as well. Take photographs on the scene to build important evidence for your case. Taking these steps will help you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney
You should seek legal assistance as soon as possible after being involved in an accident in Largo. Even if you were involved in an accident on a bicycle last night, please do not hesitate to contact our bicycle injuries lawyers. Dennis Hernandez in Largo works cases on a no-win, no-fee basis. That means you only pay if we win your case.
Consult an Experienced Largo Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Dennis Hernandez & Associates is dedicated to bringing justice for our Largo clients. If you have been in an accident, please contact our offices as soon as you can. We will help you and your family through the claims process to bring you the financial compensation you are owed after a bicycle wreck. We are here to help Largo residents through this difficult time. Call now to learn more about our expert legal services.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates is dedicated to offering our clients in Largo, Florida the best services and the best outcomes for personal injury claims. We understand the complex nature of these cases. That’s why we will explore every angle to ensure you are being covered in the ways you deserve.
We promise that you will receive high-quality work from our Largo lawyers. We look forward to meeting you and assisting with your damage claims.
If you are interested in a free consultation or more information, please contact our Largo lawyers to talk to our personal injury protection experts. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you on your case.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.