Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Largo, FL
Have you or a loved one in the Largo area experienced an injury at the fault of someone else? Dennis Hernandez & Associates has a team of experienced lawyers ready to help you take legal action. Our office in Largo, Florida is ready to meet with you to take action today.
The large insurance companies in Largo may not be giving you the full compensation that you deserve. Our highly-skilled personal injury solicitors can help determine all the ways your accident has affected your life now and will affect you in the future. This will help us get you the full compensation you deserve.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. is a Largo, Florida-based personal injury law firm made up of the best personal injury lawyers in the Pinellas County area. We are looking to get you the best results possible and guide you throughout the entire process.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Largo accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
What Is a Personal Injury Attorney?
Our accident injury lawyers aid Largo residents who are seeking legal action against an institution or person responsible for an accident. This can be a workplace injury, a car accident, or another type of harm that was caused at the fault of someone else.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
We recommend seeking legal assistance to make a personal injury claim in any event of a serious injury in Largo. This may be physical, or mental, or even emotional. If the incident was caused due to someone else’s recklessness, you might have a case on your hands.
Our Largo injury claim lawyers are very experienced in just how intricate these cases can be. We are prepared to thoroughly look over your case to help you make a well-founded claim. We can help you receive more compensation than an insurance company will offer you, getting you the figure you deserve.
How Much Does It Cost?
Our personal injury firm in Largo works on a contingency fee basis. You are only required to pay if we win your case. A contingency fee means our lawyers are compensated based on the settlement amount of the case. Our fees usually fall between 33% and 40% depending on your circumstances.
How Do I Know What My Case Is Worth?
Your case’s worth is based on a variety of different factors. These include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The type of care you’re receiving
- How often you are receiving this care
- The extent of liability of the defendant
We are careful to take everything into account when assessing injury claims in Largo. This helps us get you the highest figure possible for your claim.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Dennis Hernandez & Associates are the best accident lawyers in Largo. We have been servicing Largo and other Central and South Florida areas since 1996. We specialize in wrongful deaths, auto accidents, and pedestrian abuse among many others. Our attorneys will help guide you throughout the entire process of making your claim.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
Dennis Hernandez & Associates is dedicated to offering our clients in Largo, Florida the best services and the best outcomes for personal injury claims. We understand the complex nature of these cases. That’s why we will explore every angle to ensure you are being covered in the ways you deserve.
We promise that you will receive high-quality work from our Largo lawyers. We look forward to meeting you and assisting with your damage claims.
If you are interested in a free consultation or more information, please contact our Largo lawyers to talk to our personal injury protection experts. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you on your case.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.