Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Pedstrian Accident Lawyer in Kissimmee, FL
Car-pedestrian accidents cause injury and death to dozens of people in the Kissimmee area each year. These incidents happen when people ignore the rules of the road. These events are tragically common and are life-changing.
In accordance with Florida law, a pedestrian in Kissimmee is a person who is on foot. When it comes to safety, both pedestrians and drivers have a legal duty. They must uphold the laws of the road and sidewalks. While both parties have responsibilities, it’s pedestrians who suffer the most. Victims of pedestrian-car accidents face long recovery times, huge medical bills, and lost wages.
Auto-pedestrian accidents can result from the disregard of Kissimmee road laws or negligence. In these situations, victims and families need the help of a pedestrian accident attorney. Dennis Hernandez & Associates can help victims in Kissimmee get the financial compensation they deserve.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Kissimmee accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Pedestrian Accidents
When accidents happen, the person on foot isn’t the only one who can end up with injuries. Both drivers and pedestrians can both be hurt. Injuries sustained during a pedestrian-car accident can include:
Scrapes and bruises
Head and brain injuries
PTSD and emotional or mental trauma
In the worst situations, these accidents can result in the loss of life.
If you’ve been in an auto-pedestrian accident in Kissimmee, seek immediate medical attention. Next, you want to contact a pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our Kissimmee team can help you assess the damage. We’ll get the information you need for the best compensation possible.
Each situation is different. However, there are a few common causes when it comes to a pedestrian accident in Kissimmee. Some of these causes include:
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Pedestrians failing to heed Kissimmee traffic signals
Pedestrians failing to use reasonable caution when walking near the road
Liability in Pedestrian Accident Cases
When it comes to liability, drivers must drive safely around pedestrians in Kissimmee. Cars are fast-moving, heavy machines that protect the people inside of them. Pedestrians have no such protection.
Simply having a Kissimmee driver’s license is an agreement to follow the rules of the road. As a driver, you’re responsible for driving safely. If a Kissimmee driver doesn’t follow these rules, then a car-pedestrian accident may occur. For these situations, the driver could be at fault.
In a Kissimmee pedestrian accident, both parties might act negligently and cause the crash. This is a matter of contributory negligence. For instance, if a driver speeds and doesn’t stop at a crosswalk, they could claim contributory negligence if the person walking crossed when the signal indicated it wasn’t safe. In Kissimmee, this means the pedestrian could receive reduced damages.
Determining the compensation that you can receive can be difficult in Kissimmee. That’s why you’ll need a pedestrian accident lawyer who can help. A Kissimmee lawyer knows the local, state, and federal laws.
At Dennis Hernandez and Associates, we can help protect your rights and help you receive due settlement. We assist in claiming the straightforward expenses, like property damage and medical bills. We also can help secure compensation for emotional suffering and pain.
You might only have minor injuries, or you might have to stop working because of your injuries. In either case, get in touch with us. Our Kissimmee team will help you figure out the precise value of your case.
Why You Need a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
The Kissimmee legal system is complex. No one should struggle with the emotional, physical, and financial complications that come with an accident. Our pedestrian accident lawyers in Kissimmee are here to get you the compensation that you deserve.
We’ll assist you every step of the way. We understand the complicated laws of Kissimmee and insurance. Moreover, we’ll take care of proceedings in the courthouse, so you can heal. Our goal is to help you and your family during this difficult time.
Consult an Experienced Attorney
Recovering from a collision is a long, painful, and overall difficult process. Our team of pedestrian injury attorneys wants to get you the damages you deserve in Kissimmee.
Don’t tackle this alone. Call us today at Dennis Hernandez & Associates and seek the help you need with your accident.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.