Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Kissimmee, FL
Riding a motorcycle offers a feeling of freedom like no other. But as enjoyable as it is, riding is also dangerous. Bikers’ lives are at greater risk than car drivers. This is because motorcycle riders lack the protection offered by an enclosed vehicle. Bikers are more likely to sustain injury in the event of an accident. A serious crash can even be fatal.
Kissimmee is seeing the number of bikers on the rise. As a result, this has led to an increase in the number of bike crashes. All bikers should be cautious on the road and informed on what to do after an accident.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA is a Kissimmee law firm. We are proud to have some of the best motorcycle accident attorneys. We make fighting for legal compensation after a motorcycle crash as smooth as possible.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Kissimmee accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
Injuries resulting from Kissimmee motorcycle crashes can be serious and even fatal. Recovering from your motorcycle injuries is not only about your physical health. It also can include your mental and emotional well-being. In addition, it can affect your financial security.
In these situations, you may qualify for compensation. Our Kissimmee lawyers are here to make your recovery as manageable as possible. Depending on your situation, you might get compensation for:
● Medical bills
● Punitive damages
● Loss of wages
● Loss of property
● Loss of consortium
● Pain and physical injury
● Emotional and mental trauma
In Kissimmee, motorcycle crashes are a common occurrence. This is because of the city’s heavy traffic. Some common causes of an accident on a motorcycle include:
● U-turn accidents
● Head-on collisions
● Rear-end collisions
● Roadway obstacles
● Road rage/reckless driving
● Defective bikes/equipment
Our Kissimmee motor vehicle accident lawyers work with claims resulting from any of these incidents. If you have any questions about filing a claim, don’t hesitate to contact us. We provide free initial consultations for motor vehicle wrecks in Kissimmee.
Kissimmee insurance companies are infamous for acting quickly. They aim to make a settlement before all the facts are in. This might result in you taking an unfair deal when you qualify for more. You want to file a claim as soon as possible with a Kissimmee motorcycle accident attorney. This can help get you and your family the compensation you deserve.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The state of Florida does not require you to deal with your insurance company through an attorney. However, having Kissimmee’s qualified team of lawyers by your side is in your best interest. It will help ensure that you receive fair compensation. Insurance companies offer settlements for as little as possible to keep profit for themselves. A Kissimmee motorcycle accident attorney, on the other hand, will put your rights first.
It is important to file your claim as soon as possible. Whether you were in a motorcycle accident last night or today, don’t hesitate to contact us. Call our Kissimmee law firm today for information on how to proceed after motorcycle wrecks.
Consult an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA in Kissimmee puts our clients first. Our mission is to help our clients get the best settlement for themself and their families. Biker accidents are tragic occurrences, and everyone involved needs help to get through them.
Whether you were in a Kissimmee motorcycle accident yesterday or today, you need to know how to proceed. Call us today at (813) 250-0000 to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.