Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Kissimmee, FL
When you’ve been hurt, you don’t know if hiring a lawyer will be worth the cost. We understand. But chances are, if you were hurt on the road or on the job in Kissimmee, hiring an attorney is your best bet. It protects your rights and ensures you get the support you need.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., we assess your case and determine the right compensation for you. We do this by evaluating how the accident affected your life today, and possibly tomorrow.
To deal with a being hurt in an accident or on the job, contact our attorneys Kissimmee. Our team of expert lawyers have the experience you need to make your case stand out. We’ll walk this road with you every step of the way.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Kissimmee accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
What Is a Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal attorney in Kissimmee helps those who have been involved in an accident. The lawyer’s job is to bring a claim forth against the people or organization at fault. Many people relate this to a car accident. However, a Kissimmee lawyer can help with accidents at work, or anywhere a person has been hurt at no fault of their own.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You usually need a Kissimmee personal injury lawyer after an injury and when you don’t know your next step. We are not personal injury solicitors; we are lawyers. Our Kissimmee attorneys want what’s best for you. While you can make your own personal injury claims, years of experience have taught us that having a personal lawyer in Kissimmee makes your case stronger.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost for a case varies in price. At our Kissimmee personal injury law firm, our attorneys don’t collect payment unless you win. Once you win your injury claims, our attorney fees can range in percentage to up to 40% of the final settlement amount of your case.
How Do I Know What My Case Is Worth?
There’s a combination of instances that make up the worth of a case. This ranges from medical expenses, to emotional distress, to loss of work and beyond. Damages for your Kissimmee case also depend on what the accident injury lawyers of the person at fault say and their point of view.
As your Kissimmee injury claim lawyers, we’ll help you gather the necessary information for your case. We will assess everything from physical, to emotional suffering and other unexpected damages.
We will also select the best personal injury lawyer for your Kissimmee case. Our lawyer will help account for every single detail. Our mission is to ensure your case is worth the most it can be according to the information gathered.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we believe we have the best accident lawyers in Kissimmee. We are a personal injury firm, with best-in-class Kissimmee lawyers. We know there are a variety of injury law firms in Kissimmee. What makes us stand out is that we treat you like family.
Since 1997, we have seen clients through the difficulty of these types of cases. Our Kissimmee lawyers dedicate themselves to you and your case. Our experience and reputation in Kissimmee precede us. We want you to experience it for yourself.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
Dennis Hernandez & Associates is your best choice in Kissimmee. Contact us online or by phone, and one of our lawyers will assist you.
It’s important to have personal injury protection, especially in the case of serious injury. We’ll help you determine your case and the best lawyer in our firm for your needs.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.