Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
A bicycle accident is never a comfortable situation for either party involved – the victim or the person at fault. While these crashes seem unlikely, Clearwater has seen a rise in cyclists. This has increased the chances for a bicycle accident to happen.
When a driver isn’t focused on their surroundings or are texting while driving, not only are they putting their lives in danger, but those around them. A bicycle wreck on the road can be fatal. This is because of the very little protection a bike offers. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of someone else’s recklessness while driving, give us a call.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. in Clearwater specialize in bicycle accidents. Our mission is to give our clients the justice they deserve. We work relentlessly from start to finish to bring forward the best outcome possible.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Clearwater accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Bicycle Accidents
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., specializes in Clearwater bicycle injuries. We have seen far too often the severe damages that a bike accident can result in. Common injuries that result from a bike crash may include:
- Broken ribs/bones
- Brain damage
- Spinal injuries
Moreover, the injuries are not always physical. There is also emotional and mental trauma associated with these events. Let one of our skillful Clearwater attorneys handle your case while you focus on recovering.
There are many different causes associated with a Clearwater bicycle crash. For instance, the driver may have been speeding, driving while fatigued, or texting and driving. Other common Clearwater accident bicycle causes include:
- Road rage
- Running a red light/stop sign
- Turning in front of a cyclist
- Not looking left and right at a stop sign
- Failure to follow road signs
There is also the possibility that a manufacturer defect caused the accident. Unsafe public roads can also be a fatal factor. If your bike was flawed or you were riding on a dangerous Clearwater road, give us a call. Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. in Clearwater is ready to review your case and give you your options.
The damages caused by road accidents can be serious. After an incident in Clearwater, seek medical assistance if necessary. If possible, exchange insurance and contact information with everyone involved. Pictures of the scene will help you build your case as will witnesses.
Our Clearwater lawyers will work diligently every day to acquire necessary evidence for your case. We will help you receive the compensation and justice you deserve. Whether this is a bicycle last night or last week accident, we can help.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney
A Clearwater bike accident lawyer increases your chances of receiving full compensation. Don’t face the stressful claims process alone. Get in touch with our experienced law firm. We are here to make this process as simple and stress-free as possible.
Our Clearwater attorneys work on a no win, no fee basis. This means if you don’t win, neither do we. A prestigious, trustworthy Clearwater law firm, we bring our clients the best legal representation in the area.
Consult an Experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyer
For more information or to schedule a free review of your case, give us a call today. Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., is ready to take on your Clearwater case. Everyone deserves justice when they’ve been injured due to someone else’s carelessness. Allow us to help you claim what belongs to you. Call us now!
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.