Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
Were you involved in an incident that left you injured due to someone else’s carelessness? For Clearwater residents, it’s a good idea to seek legal action. Filing a claim with one of our personal injury lawyers ensures you receive the compensation you and your family deserve.
Personal injuries can lead to all sorts of problems. And insurance companies won’t always help you. In fact, Clearwater insurance companies will try to avoid or minimize payouts.
Don’t let these large Clearwater firms make the call on the amount you should be getting for the damages you have suffered. Call Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. now. With our team, you can have peace of mind you’re in the best of hands. Our lawyers are experienced at handling Clearwater injury claims.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Clearwater accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
What Is a Personal Injury Attorney?
If you are filing a claim against an individual or Clearwater institution, get in touch today. An attorney who specializes in personal injuries will know what it takes to present a winning case. The attorney’s role is to help those who have been involved in a Clearwater incident. They will know the ins and outs of the Clearwater justice system. Their ultimate goal is to help clients receive the compensation owed to them.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A Clearwater attorney is necessary if you have been injured as a result of someone else’s recklessness. This includes any physical, mental, or emotional damage.
Yes, you do have the option of handling your own case. However, you want to keep in mind that Clearwater insurance companies have attorneys of their own. They will do anything to contest your case, especially if their party was at fault.
At Dennis Hernandez, we employ the best personal injury lawyers. It’s what lets us give you hope for the best outcome possible.
How Much Does It Cost?
The total cost of our services depends on your case. Our Clearwater attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means if you don’t win, neither do we! You won’t have to pay us anything unless you are compensated. Our fees are in between 33% and 40%, depending on your circumstances.
How Do I Know What My Case Is Worth?
Our attorneys will thoroughly review your Clearwater case from top to bottom. The worth of your case depends on many factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Family sufferings
- And more
We also consider the party at fault and external factors. This can include unsafe working conditions or the at-fault party being under the influence.
As a Clearwater injury law firm, we want everything to be accounted for and you to be compensated for every bit of damage caused. In need of personal injury protection? Get in touch with our personal injury solicitors today.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You want to choose the best accident lawyer possible for your Clearwater personal injury. That’s why it’s important to make an informed decision. You might be facing a minor or serious injury. In either case, look for a team of Clearwater attorneys. You want a team with experience, expertise, and specialization in personal injury claims.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. is that personal injury law firm. We have been around since 1997. We are proud to serve the Clearwater area. Our accident injury lawyers will fight to get you full compensation. We understand the complexity of these cases and will be with you every step of the process.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
We take pride in our Clearwater personal injury firm and the help we offer our clients. You can expect nothing less than quality work from us. For more information give us a call and get in touch with one of our injury claim lawyers today.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Sarasota personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.