Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Bartow, FL
It’s important for drivers on the road to pay extra attention to cyclists. Bike riders can be very easy to miss when driving carelessly. Unfortunately, bicycle accidents are common occurrences in Bartow, and when they happen they can bring serious harm to those affected.
If you or someone you know has been a victim of a bike crash it’s important to know the necessary steps to take. When the driver is a fault, you are entitled to compensation that cover medical expenses, property damage, and lost wages. If you’re unsure if you have a case, get in touch with a trusted attorney at Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Bartow, FL.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Bartow accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
Injuries Caused by Bicycle Accidents
If you have been involved in a bicycle crash, chances are you’ve been injured. Riding a bike on the open road in Bartow can lead to serious bicycle injuries including broken bones, brain damage, paralysis, spinal injuries, and even death.
This doesn’t even cover the emotional and mental trauma you’ll face as well. That’s why we recommend that you trust our highly qualified Bartow attorneys to review your case.
We understand that no amount of money can bring back a loved one or fully heal scars. However, seeking justice and legal assistance will help you cover expenses during this difficult time.
At Dennis Hernandez in Bartow, we are committed to personal injury cases to bring our clients and their families justice and hopefully some peace. With you every step of the way, give us a call to learn more about how our legal representation can help.
Unfortunately, most bicycle wrecks are a result of distracted drivers. Here are some possible causes of Bartow accidents that could be prevented if drivers were more alert to their surroundings:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Running a red light/stop sign
- Not giving passing bikers enough room
- Turning in front of a cyclist
- Not following Bartow road rules and regulations
- Driving while fatigued
There is also the possibility that the crash was caused due to a manufacturer defect. Any of the above are enough reasons for compensation. Give our Bartow lawyers a call to learn more about what you’re entitled to. Bicycle accidents can be severe – let our Bartow team help you seek the justice you deserve.
There are always damages at the scene of an accident. You want to be sure you exchange contact and insurance information with involved parties immediately after a bicycle crash. Take details pictures of the scene as this will help your case greatly.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Bartow will do everything in their power to help you recover damages including medical bills, lost wages, or property damage.
Why You Need a Bartow Bicycle Accident Attorney
It’s difficult to know how to act when involved in a bicycle accident. If you believe you have a case, give our Bartow office a call and we will review your options.
Our Bartow legal team works on a no win, no fee basis, and fees are based on your unique circumstances. Committed to success, our accident bicycle lawyers will work with you every step of the way.
Consult an Experienced Bartow Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you have recently been involved in an accident while riding your bicycle, give us a call. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates we take pride in bringing our Bartow clients justice. We dedicate our time to thoroughly reviewing every case to bring our clients the best outcome possible.
For more information or a free legal consultation in Bartow, give us a call today. We look forward to speaking with you.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Bartow personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.