Experience from a Harvard Law graduate you can trust, compassion and care you can count on.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Bartow, FL
Getting hurt or losing a loved one is always difficult emotionally and financially. When that is caused by someone else’s negligence, the suffering can be even greater. If you want to take legal action after an injury in Bartow FL, call Dennis Hernandez’ personal injury law firm today.
Whether you’ve sustained medical malpractice, a vehicle collision, or a construction accident, our experienced attorneys in Bartow will work to determine what you’re owed. The emotional and financial effects of an accident can last far longer than your physical injuries. That is why our lawyers strive to help Bartow residents understand the true compensation they deserve.
Even if the other party has personal injury protection insurance, you could be entitled to compensation. The law is here to help innocent parties after the financial blow after an accident.
Dennis Hernandez & Associates are the best personal injury lawyers in the Bartow area. Our extensive experience and strong sense of duty to our clients makes us the best choice for Bartow residents.
GET A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION EVALUATION
There are no costs for an initial consultation and no hidden fees. If you’ve suffered a personal injury, don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Bartow accident attorney. Please contact us at (941) 210 0000.
What Is a Personal Injury Attorney?
Our personal injury attorneys in Bartow assist those seeking legal advice after an injury. In many of these cases, those hurt by someone else’s negligence can gain justice with the help of experienced lawyers. Our attorneys at Dennis Hernandez work to secure compensation for Bartow residents who have lost income or have medical bills after an accident caused by someone else.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Have you suffered a serious injury resulting from someone else’s action or inaction? Then you need a professional Bartow personal injury law firm at your side.
Often, injuries and fatalities mean mounting medical costs. It can even lead to extensive debt if you’re unable to work or lose the income of a family member. Dennis Hernandez represents citizens of Bartow in personal injury claims when insurance companies refuse to pay what they should.
How Much Does It Cost?
Exact costs will vary from case to case, but Bartow residents won’t pay a penny if we don’t win. All Dennis Hernandez accident injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means our fees are contingent on success in court.
After a successful settlement, our Bartow attorneys collect between 33%- 40%. This figure is dependent on the situation.
How Do I Know What My Case Is Worth?
The value of your case depends on a number of different factors. These can include Bartow medical bills, lost wages, and even emotional pain and suffering. Sometimes cases are worth more than just hospital and auto repair fees, which is why having an experienced Bartow personal injury attorney is so critical.
Our injury claim lawyers at Dennis Hernandez in Bartow will thoroughly examine your unique case to fully understand the extent of the damage. From there, we’ll calculate what you’re owed and fight for you to receive rightful compensation.
How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
The best Bartow accident lawyer for you will help you fully understand your legal rights. They can also defend you in court and against the insurance companies. You’ll want to choose an attorney who has a proven track record of success and will give you the respect you deserve.
At Dennis Hernandez & Associates, we’ve fought and won hundreds of personal injury cases in Bartow. Whether it be cases of wrongful death, auto accidents, or medical malpractice, Florida residents can have peace of mind in entrusting our lawyers with their case.
Our relationship with clients doesn’t stay in the courtroom. We’ll work with you through the entire process, compassionately and respectfully.
Consult an Experienced Injury Lawyer
Recovering from an accident or coping with the loss of a loved one is difficult as it is. The attorneys here at Dennis Hernandez & Associates in Bartow are here to help.
We’re a personal injury firm with years of experience and success serving clients in Bartow, FL. Please contact us for a free consultation to review your case. We’re here to help you win your case.
After calling law enforcement and ensuring that all parties involved in an accident are medically attended to, the next steps are critical to a successful personal injury case. For vehicular accidents, we recommend following these steps:
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
Each case is as unique as the individual who has been injured in an accident, but there are some steps that are typically taken. Your accident injury case may include these and other events:
Your recovery period: This initial stage starts at the moment you are injured and lasts until your doctor states that your condition cannot be further improved in a medical setting with care provided by medical professionals. This point is referred to as maximum medical improvement (MMI). When you are at this point, any health issues you have going forward are considered to be permanent.
Submission of documents: This is when information is submitted to your insurance company, including but not limited to your medical bills and proof of lost wages.
The negotiation period: An insurance adjuster reviews all of the submitted information, then makes a settlement offer. If your Bartow personal injury lawyer determines that this offer is insufficient, a counter offer will be made.
Litigation: When an agreement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial. Keep in mind that the majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Even though each case is unique, Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA strives to fully compensate every client for his or her injuries, lost wages and property damage.