What if you or a loved one are part of a pedestrian accident? Where do you go from there? What do you do now? Here at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., our team of professionals are here to make sure you know exactly what to do after these accidents. Our auto accident attorney is here for you, and we are located in Lakeland!
What Do You Do After An Accident?
- Step 1: Call 911
- When you are in an accident and are conscious, you must call 911 for help because you may need immediate medical assistance. Do not leave the scene of the accident until emergency responders arrive at the location. The emergency responders will report to the authorities and bring the attention of the police to the accident. Take the ambulance to the ER to get checked out.
- Step 2: Gather the Evidence
- While waiting for the emergency responders, if possible, you should try to gather as much evidence as you can. The name and number of the driver, and even the witnesses. Use your smartphone to take photos of the accident scene, blood, bruising, etc. The more data you have about the witnesses and the party-at-fault, the easier it will be to prove your case. Obviously, in more severe car vs. pedestrian cases, this may not be possible. Obtaining quick emergency medical care is always of paramount importance.
- Step 3: Be Careful of What You Say
- When you are not at fault, you are not at fault. Make sure you do not admit to something you are not responsible for as the party-at-fault may use it against you. Anything you say at that exact moment will have an impact on your personal injury claim. You can’t say anything wrong if you don’t say anything at all. Just focus on getting medical coverage, and we will worry about making your case.
- Step 4: Do Not Engage in Conversation
- It is best not to engage in conversation, other than asking for someone call 911, with the driver or any of the witnesses immediately after the accident. It is a wise choice because you are unaware of how serious your injuries are or what medical expenses you may endure.
- Step 5: Call an Experienced Pedestrian Car Accident Lawyer
- Make sure you follow all these steps after the accident if you want to file a personal injury claim.
We Can Help With A Pedestrian Accident
Dennis Hernandez, Esq. is a fifth-generation native of Tampa, Florida. He graduated from Duke University at the age of 20 with a bachelor’s in economics. He graduated eighth in a class of 260 from Florida State College of Law and obtained his Master of Law from Harvard Law School at the age of 24. After four years of practicing law, he established the Florida personal injury firm Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., at the age of 28. Since 1996, he has grown his firm to serve accident victims across the state by providing customized legal guidance in every personal injury case.
Call Our Auto Accident Attorney
Do you know how to find an accident lawyer Lakeland locals trust who will fight for you? Here at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A., our team of law professionals want to make sure you are safe and protected while on the road. You can count on our personal injury law firm. Be sure to rely on our personal injury attorney near me. Call our auto accident attorney near me today for more information on what to do in the event of a pedestrian accident.