Driving is a dangerous business, as many of us are already aware, but being safe on a motorcycle is extra important. Unlike a car or truck, motorcyclists are left completely exposed and are far more likely to be injured or killed in an accident. At Dennis Hernandez & Associates P.A., we’ve seen our fair share of motorcycle accidents, and our motorcycle accident lawyer has some tips to help you stay safe on the road. For any Florida motorcycle accident attorney needs near me, we are here to help.
The Danger of Motorcycle Accidents
There are a few things to be concerned with when it comes to motorcycle accidents to begin with. There’s obviously the risk of death and injury, but it’s important to to forget the medical expenses you may face if you’ve been injured. Because motorcyclists are more at risk, they’re also more likely to be hospitalized, which means wages lost as you take time off work. You are also more likely to lose valuables you may be carrying with you, such as a laptop or even the jewelry you’re wearing. You’re health and safety are the most important thing with this matter, but it doesn’t hurt to recognize what else can be at stake.
Tips From Our Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The best way to go about handling motorcycle accidents is to avoid them altogether by staying safe and being proactive. Here’s what our motorcycle accident lawyer can tell you:
- Always wear a helmet
- You’ve heard this one a million times, we’re sure, but it merits saying one million and one times. Your head is one of the two most important parts of your body and is the most exposed to damage from a high-speed collision or wipe out. If you don’t believe us that helmets can save your life, then maybe listen to the Highway Traffic Safety Administration. According to them, out of every 100 motorcycle accident deaths, 37 would’ve survived if they had worn a helmet.
- Wear a safety vest
- If you haven’t heard of an airbag vest, they’re a great way to increase your chances of survival during an accident. It functions like the combination of an airbag and parachute. You tether yourself to your bike so that, should you be launched, the vest will inflate and give you extra room to cushion your fall.
- Don’t drink and drive
- This one you’ve also likely heard before, and yet we see cases of DUIs and deaths caused by drunk driving all the time. Never will there ever ever ever ever be a time where getting behind the wheel intoxicated will be a good idea, especially when you’re on a motorcycle. On a bike, you are one of, if not the most vulnerable people on the road, so rolling the dice with alcohol in your system is a great way to end up severely injured or worse.
- Keep your bike in top condition
- It’s important for any driver to keep their car in good condition. Malfunctioning parts or tires can leave you stranded or may cause you to find yourself in an accident. This is especially true for motorcyclists who are on a much less stable vehicle than a four-wheel vehicle.
About Our Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorney
We at Dennis Hernandez & Associates P.A. are passionate about helping our clients receive the compensation they deserve when dealing with injury claims and accidents. Unfortunately, insurance companies always try to cheat people out of compensation they need to afford medical costs, which is why we are here to help. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer at our office will help give our clients the best chance at receiving the compensation they deserve, and since we don’t charge a fee if we don’t win, there’s no risk involved.
Surviving a motorcycle accident is a scary, but miraculous experience. While it can be easy to want to move on as fast as possible, don’t forget that you’re entitled to compensation. If you’re in need of a Florida motorcycle accident attorney near me, contact us today to receive the help you need.