FREE CASE EVALUATION
assistance AVAILABLE - 24 HRS A DAY - 7 DAYS A WEEK!
Harvard Law Graduate | No Fees or Costs Unless WE Win
Truck Accident Lawyer in Bradenton, FL
With the talk of Bradenton’s beautiful scenery spreading throughout the states, there has been an influx of newcomers to the area. Sunny beaches, white sand, and inviting towns make it a perfect area for people to visit and move. Since the tourist and resident population is growing, there is a need for more freight to be moved in and out of the city. Semi-trucks and trailers are hauling goods to Bradenton more than ever; while that’s great for the city, it means trucking accidents will begin to occur more frequently as well. Bradenton accidents involving large trucks often have devastating results – the weight and size of a semi-truck is enough to cause horrible injury, and often fatalities.
The repercussions of a trucking accident can have enormous impacts on a persons’ life. Injuries will often require extensive recovery time, medical bills will begin to pile up, and income could be lost. Truckers, and the companies they’re employed by, can be held responsible for the costs associated with their neglectful driving. While that is easy to say, it can be challenging to prove; that’s where a truck accident attorney can help you out.
If you or a family member has been involved in a truck accident, you have options going forward. Our Bradenton legal team at Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA, are deeply experienced in truck accident law. We can help you receive full compensation for your damages and losses. Though were new to the Bradenton area, our firm has been providing results in Florida for decades.
Injuries Caused by Bradenton Truck Accidents
If you’ve been injured in an accident with a large truck and want to bring a claim against that driver or company, our personal injury attorneys in Bradenton can assist you. In almost all cases, injuries will occur. Trucks are heavy and move at high speeds, which creates a deadly recipe. Every circumstance is different than the last, but here are the most common injuries caused by truck accidents:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Head Injuries
Injuries can range from a small concussion to partial paralysis; with the unpredictability of truck accidents, an experienced truck accident attorney has the ability to iron out the details and recover full compensation for your pain and suffering.
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
Accidents happen, we are all human and there is no way to be perfect. However, many Bradenton truck accidents are a result of negligence. Truck drivers may be drunk, distracted or driving out of control; these negligent actions often lead to deadly consequences that they can be held liable for. Examples of negligence, or lack of care, by truck drivers and their companies can include:
- Overloaded or unbalanced freights
- Mechanical failures resulting from improper maintenance
- Driving while distracted or tired
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Ignoring Bradenton road rules or signs
Trucking Company Responsibilities
When you’re involved in a trucking accident, most companies have responsibilities. Negligence means the at-fault party had a legal responsibility to prevent harm but failed to do so. In Bradenton, the load of proving negligence falls on the victim. That can be tough to determine on your own, and here’s why:
You’ll need to gather evidence that a company, or driver, didn’t fulfill their responsibility to safety on the roadways. Witness statements, police reports, and physical proof will need to be collected. Doing those things alone is extremely difficult, if not impossible. If you decide to hire an attorney, they will assist you with the entire process. That includes:
- Driver logbooks
- Black box data
- Dash cam footage
- Photos or videos of injuries and damaged vehicles at the scene of the accident
- The trucking company’s records, such as information on its maintenance policies, personnel records, etc.
Companies and drivers in Fort Myers are bound by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. On top of those harsh regulations; they must deal with local, state, and federal laws. Knowing the information, you need and how to go about acquiring it can be extremely challenging; that’s why you need a truck accident attorney in your corner.
Our Bradenton team will fight for you to receive compensation for all of your economic losses – including medical expenses, property damage, lost income, and the pain and suffering you face as a result of a crash.
It’s imperative that you contact a Fort Myers personal injury lawyer right after an accident. They will begin to document all potential damages. Whether you were involved in a trucking yesterday, or a few months ago, our legal team can help you take back your life regardless.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
A truck accident attorney can help you navigate the complex Florida legal system both in and out of the courthouse. Bradenton trucking companies often have expensive legal teams at their disposal to protect them in court, so it’s important to have solid representation to help build a successful case.
While you focus on healing, we can work to minimize the financial aftermath and get the compensation you deserve.
Consult an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer
The Dennis Hernandez & Associates team has served the state of Florida for decades; while we’re new to the Bradenton area, we bring our expertise with us. Our attorneys bring experience handling insurance companies, gathering evidence, and helping semi-truck accident victims through this difficult process.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, contact our Bradenton team at (855)-LAW-DENNIS for a free consultation to review your case.
Document the scene:
- Take as many photos as possible as soon as possible. If you don’t have a camera or smartphone handy, ask someone on the scene if you can use theirs.
- Take photos of all of the vehicles involved from several angles.
- Take photos of the area surrounding the accident, including the roadway, street signs and traffic signals, if applicable.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you or any of your passengers may have sustained.
- In addition to damage to vehicles, take photos of any property that was damaged in the accident.
- Write down the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Ask the other driver if he or she owns the car or if it is owned by someone who is not at the scene.
- Ask for the name of the insurance company that covers the other driver’s vehicle.
- Ask the responding law enforcement officer how soon the accident report will be available to you and where you must go to get it.
- Should the officer indicate that a report will not be written, ask for his or her name and badge number to be used as contact information.
Get contact details from witnesses:
- Try to get contact information from all witnesses before they leave the scene. Do not ask witnesses for statements—your personal injury attorney will contact them if needed.
- If there were no witnesses in close proximity to the accident, make note of any nearby businesses or homes and provide this information to your attorney.
After the accident:
- If you received any medical treatment, gather contact information for the hospital or emergency room where you were immediately treated, as well as from physicians and/or therapists who may have treated you in the days following the accident.
- Retain all documents in a safe place. These may include:
- The police accident report
- Insurance policies and any communications from insurance companies
- Medical bills from hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, testing facilities, etc.
- Correspondence from the other driver or any witnesses
- Receipt for repairs to property that was damaged as a result of the accident
- Pay stubs or other proof of wages that were lost as a result of the accident
We will respond as quickly as we can.
Find help anywhere, anytime.